I have a little brother that is 3 that is a nightmare. Whats the best way to deal with/punish him toget him to listen and act right?

Hes 3 and he never listens and tests us when we tell him not to do something. He wont potty train, he wont pick up his toys when asked to, has no respect for anyone, and much more. : / My Stepfather does baby him and never punishes him until my little brother either hurts himself or someone else. My mother is at a lost and cant figure out what to do anymore. She has tired timeout, whipping him (though she tries not to), and even taking something he likes away (like his toys or his tv). Shes willing to try anything now.

NewMommy2588

Asked by NewMommy2588 at 6:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• There is also a book called Positive Discipline for Preschoolers. TIme out works best for us but you have to stick with it, not let him out. Keep putting him back until he sits for 3 minutes even if it takes you a thousand times. Eventually he will learn you mean business.
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• 1 - not to be mean, but its not your prob (b thankful for that)
    2 - tell her to get the book 1-2-3 magic
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 6:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009