Potty training i know something smiliar was arready asked not to long ago

My baby is 1 year and 5 months old i guess iv heard and her daycare teacher says the usual potty training age is 1 year 8 months. The day care teacher will teach her at that age or most likely when she says 20 words and shes not at that yet. Do you think it would be possible to somehow start sooner? or is it neccasary to wait until she says 20 words or is 1 and 8 months and how do i begin?

chukuku

Asked by chukuku at 6:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I've never heard of such guidelines. Some kids learn before they say much more than mama and dada. Some refuse to learn until they are forced to before starting preschool. As for age, it is NOT age based in the least - though the average age for girls to learn is around 24 months... some learn earlier, some later.

If you want to start, start. Just don't push it too hard, get upset if she doesn't want to, and don't expect her to master this in a few weeks. There will be accidents and set backs for YEARS. "I was so busy playing that I forgot" type accidents are common up to 1st grade.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 6:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• okay thank you but HOW do i start i honestly have no clue lol she has her little toilet that she can flush and she sits on it but i dont know if she knows wat its really for she sees me in the bathroom and the other day she wanted me to take her diaper off and i was going to but my hsband was like no were still in bed wiat till later whn we get up so i waited and then a few minutes later she had pooped?
    chukuku

Answer by chukuku at 10:00 AM on Apr. 16, 2009