For Stay at home moms.. Does Your DH give you enough credit?

I am just very fusterated with my DH. We just got in a big fight because I feel like I get no credit and he thinks just because I stay at home all day I don't need any help. I always buy healthy food for my family and my hubby gets mad beacuse he wants junk food. My house is usually pretty clean but there is sometimes when I need help? I feel so overwelmed with little things sometimes that aren't important to him.. What to do ladies? Does your hubby give you any credit for staying at home and my DH doesn't think I do anything all day.... EEERR

sarabeth1

Asked by sarabeth1 at 6:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Your JOB IS the home and children. Get outside help if you think it's needed. (I'm sure hubby understands "outside contracting") I assume you have access to the checking account for necessities. Getting help with the housework is sometimes a necessity. If he won't/can't step in to help...hire it out!

As for the food, cook the healthy meals for you and the children and hubby and tell him if he wants junk food to cook it himself.

And seriously, if he really thinks you don't do anything all day, maybe you should really show him what that WOULD look like....in other words, don't do anything for as long as it takes for him to notice. Don't make the beds, don't cook for anyone, don't clean, don't shop. Just be a couch potato. (I'm assuming you don't have really little children that must be cared for. If you do, just take care of them and you. ) Let your hubby see what it is really like to have no wife to take care of HIM!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No mine doesnt. He's hardly eve home cuz he's a farmer, so i have all his laundry and mess, and everything else. He does nothing. its very frustrating!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 6:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• inthe same boat here, just want him to eat a decent meal but he wont
    LuvsDanika

Answer by LuvsDanika at 6:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My husband knows what I do during the day, and he appreciates it. He helps out when he can.
    IRA871

Answer by IRA871 at 6:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• DH gives me a lot of credit, he's one in a million
    Lynette

Answer by Lynette at 6:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My husband actually does give me credit for being a SAHM and doing all the things I do during the day. He was just on vacation last week so he got to see how it is around here during the day. It's hard to keep a clean house, cook for everyone, laundry, run errands and take care of kids. My husband usually gives me atleast an hour to unwind when he gets home after work. If not I would go crazy. Your husband needs to understand it is overwhelming to do all you do. If not your going to go crazy. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 6:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• we should just trade shoes for one day.. Going to work sometimes is alot easier then staying at home with kids.. they take alot out of you.. but I don't know if I could be a farmer thats a hard job..
    sarabeth1

Answer by sarabeth1 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• when I was a married sahm he did but I also respected him by buying stuff I knew he liked since he provided the food money. Respect him if you want him to respect you

Answer by admckenzie at 7:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• He doesn't really but I don't really give him credit for working. We just do what we do.We should probably apreciate each other more than we do.
    writeon

Answer by writeon at 7:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My husband did that too, until I started leaving him alone with the baby all day. He changed his tone then. It ain't easy to be a babysitter, a maid, a cook, and chafer, and seamstress, and entertainer...and the list goes on. I also stopped doing his laundry and would only cook for me and the baby. I basically left him to fend for himself and he realized yeah I do hold this family together. If I were to leave your ass you would be lost. Do you know how much they pay maids, cooks, chafers? We are saving money by doing what we do at the expense of ourselves sometimes. Does he think we like doing this all day? We never get a day off, we are on call 24/7 and it makes life even harder when we gotta put up with their negative comments. Hell, we don't even get a lunch break or overtime.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 7:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009