what would u do or think?

ok so my sons father n i just moved in the beginning of this month n while we were moving i found a travel bag with a framed pic of him n this chick he used to basically mess around with. also in the bag i found love letters to this girl. they are dated back like 3 years ago (we've been together like a year n a half) so i thought he should get rid of the bag n everything in it.when i asked him to please throw it out or whatever he wanted to do with it he just simply denied n told me that they r friends n hes not gonna do that to her picture. so im furious! i feel like its a slap in my face o by the by this is not the only argument we've had about this girl .well what do u think? what would u do in my shoes

michele101183

Asked by michele101183 at 6:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• put your foot down if he dont listen he would come home or over to see a big framed pic of me and a ex two can play the game

Anonymous

• id be pissed too
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm guessing you are not married to him since you only called him your son's father. That means he isn't commited to you which also means he can keep his stuff of her or other women if he wants. If you make him throw it away he'll resent you for it. Just stuff it somewhere but don't expect him to give her up or other women unless he commits to a real marriage with you, not just live in stuff. Men don't think live in stuff matters.

Answer by admckenzie at 7:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• is it out in the open and displayed or just put away somewhere? i mean i have old letters and pictures and gifts fro ex's in a box in my closet and he has pictures and notes from girls too. as long as he doesn't just set the picture out like its no big deal then i don't see the problem
    Anonymous

• When my husband and I were dating I found the same thing. Old pics of old girl friends and I WAS PISSED! But he was like oh those, those are so old. Well, why do you have them still??? I just never thought about it. Oh hell no. I threw them out for him. He didn't mind though. I really do think that he didn't think too much about them. I think he just wanted me to drop it so we could move on. But when I break up with someone, I get rid of everything that the guy ever gave me or any pics. I destroy all evidence of our relationship. I would just bring it up alot and tell himif the shoe were on the other foot he'd feel the same way.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 7:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No more kids with this guy. He still is in love with his ex. If you are not married there is really not that much you can say.
    Anonymous

• Dont talk about it for a week or so and then toss them out one day when he is gone. When he ask about them say that you have no idea where they went and that you really dont want to talk about it anymore because you know how he feels about throwing the stuff out. Tell him dont worry I am sure your precious belongings will turn up and to please not talk to you about it anymore because you are not going to help him look for where he has them.
    Turn it around on him.....NEVER give in to his questions though....make him think that you are over the whole thing and that he should not be asking for your help in finding where he keeps his sacred ex-girlfriend stash.
    Anonymous

• I had a problem like that with a phone number in his phone that kept coming back. I said delete it and if i see it again mine will be the one getting deleted. It disappeared, never to be seen again.
    Anonymous

• O girl!!! I need to send you a message. I wore those same shoes a while back. Let me tell you!!! MM MM O no!!! (Sassy Michelle is coming out! Makes me wanna kick some butt!! I'll pm you)
    theheartbaby

Answer by theheartbaby at 7:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Those are his memories. Why would you want to take them away from him? It's so ridiculous. And do what that anon up there says and just throw them away. Act like a jealous 2 year old and totally destroy any trust he has in you.

Chrissy629

Answer by Chrissy629 at 9:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009