• In the Spotlight:

Why is it?

When a mom asks a question about her 2 year old not listening, and being a total brat, some of you tell her that he will grow out of it.....But, don't you see the same questions about 8, 10, even 16 year olds? When do they grow out of it if you don't discipline them??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• lmao
    i agree
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 7:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• IDK but you need to get a grip now trust me if not you will have a runt and regret it

Anonymous

• The issues change. Simple as that. The discipline required for a 2 year old going to hugely different than that of an 8 year old or 16 year old.
    Anonymous

• OP Here.... I'm not talking about ME, I'm talking about all the moms asking for advice, because they know they have a problem child, and other moms telling them that they will grow out of it!! Cracks Me Up!!!
    Anonymous

• But, making a child listen is the same at every age!! If they don't listen when they are little, how will that change?
    Anonymous

• lol nothing wrong with a good old fashion but whooping if you ask me

Anonymous

• Their attention span, maturity, and interests are going to change. You can't honestly expect a 2 year old to act like an 8 year old in terms of behavior.
    Anonymous

• Because some people have the theory of "i will deal with it later" and then wonder why their kids are out of control. We have instilled discipline since 9 months when he started crawling and people told us we were crazy and uptight 'he was just a baby' Yea well now our 'baby' is 2 and all we have to do is give him a look and he knows how to behave. Even when he gets out of hand and has a 'moment' we get to his level and talk firmly to him and he straightens up real quick.

I think its hilarious when I hear "O it's just a stage" Well take control now or don't come crying to me when they are 15 16 years old running a muck!
    Anonymous

• I agree with you.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 7:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• kids will not grow out of anything if you do not discipline. I have seen many older people who still throw tantrums,they act like brats because they never got discipline.
    My mother in-law is one of these people and she 70 years old
    Anonymous