Forcing your beliefs on someone

Everytime I share my faith with someone, someone else will say I shouldn't force my beliefs on someone?

Why are you forcing that belief on me!!!!

Don't you think that is a bit hypocritical?????

I am telling someone what I believe, and you are telling me not to.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Its not a belief that people are forcing on YOU, but politeness...
    Anonymous

• Live your life, then if they ask answer. If they don't, don't push.
    oldermomof5

Answer by oldermomof5 at 7:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If the person is asking "what are your beliefs?" It is proper to share and not wrong in any way. If a person has not asked you, then it is/can be offensive.

Now if they start TELLING you what they believe and it is a conversation, it is is OK to then say what you believe as well.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 7:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Talking about your beliefs is not forcing some to believe. It is called a conversation.
    I like to talk to people about their religion.
    gammie

Answer by gammie at 7:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Since this is the Questions section, they ARE asking my beliefs unless they specify otherwise.
    Anonymous

• Anon :30. I disagree, that is a belief you are forcing on us that has nothing to do with politeness but with censorship. If you can't deal with someone else's opinion, you should not be here asking questions.
    Anonymous

• I don't mind hearing about your religion. What I do mind hearing is that you pray I find Jesus or you tell me I am going to hell because I am not Christian. I even like reading how happy your relationship with God fulfills you. But I don't like being preached to...period. 

pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 7:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

Unless your belief specifically states that it is the job and duty of Anon 7:45 to cast judgment and determine who is going to hell, and then inform them of that fact, you probably are crossing the line between sharing your beliefs and forcing them on someone else.
    NotPanicking

Answer by NotPanicking at 8:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have to agree with pnwmom & NotPanicking.... I have a hard time with people assuming that their answers are the only true answers bc they are of the Bible... that bc we walk different paths that they are walking the right one and others are walking the wrong one and this includes fellow members of the same religion... Or another one is that for every answer posted they preach within their answers, their sentences bc they claim to be the only truth and denounce others for their answers bc it does not fit theirs... And the worse of it all... is that they will denounce, bash, criticize others and then turn around and say "I DON'T DO THAT".... I am glad that your faith/religion makes you happy, fills you with joy, but to assume that others do not feel the same of theirs or lack of is purely arrogant...
    gmasboy

Answer by gmasboy at 8:18 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Sharing a belief and forcing it are two different things. Maybe you don't word what you say about it right.
    Anonymous