Please help me, I'm scared!!!

I posted here because a lot more of you visit this category. I have to have a big cyst removed from my breast on Tuesday and I am scared. I know I'll be o.k. I do have confidence but still am a little scared. I'm 39 with two sons and I don't want nothing bad to happen to me. Can you give me some words of wisdom? Thank you very much.

sweetmom1007

Asked by sweetmom1007 at 7:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• Keep your head up and think positive. Its no longer in your hands and they have wonderful treatments and treatment centers now. Keep your spirits up and enjoy life no matter what it may bring.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Don't be scared honey, I had that procedure done before and its harmless. Be strong for not only yourself but your two sons. Nothing bad is going to happen I assure you. Remember what don't kill you will only make you stronger.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• 90% of cyst are nothing. Scared is normal, just tell yourself that no matter what, you will be fine.
    Anonymous

• I'm assuming you will need to be asleep for this and that is what is scaring you?

I have had surgeries and have been scared every time about the anesthesia. It's natural to be afraid of not knowing what people are doing to you when you're not aware of it.

You can ask your doctor for something to calm your nerves a bit until the procedure.

I'm sorry I don't have any other help for you. Chalk this up to just another thing in life you have to do but are scared to do...like public speaking!

timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You will be fine. My mom and sister have had this done several times with no cancer in our family. Worst case, breast cancer treatments have come so far from the old days I am sure you'll be fine. Try not to worry as you are getting medical treatment which is the right thing to do right now.
    Anonymous

• my mom had one removed in the dr's office and my sister has had them removed several times. Neither one complained or had problems.

Answer by admckenzie at 8:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009