Has anyone here had more than 4-5 C - Sections?

Just curious, my doctor told me that I could only have 4 cesections 5 at the most.
I was wodering if it is possble to have more. Not that I am planning on it ( ive had 2) but I wan to know what all of my options are.

JunoDolly

Asked by JunoDolly at 7:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• ive never had one but i think why they ay onlyy so many is because the more and mroe they cut you open the more risk there is that you will tear soemthng the next time you are pregnnat .
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I agree, I have only had three, but my dr never said anything about how many. Possibly because of the space between all my kids already, and thinking that it was something better left to be said in a later pregnancy. I don't know.
    Anonymous

• Be glad they said 4 most wont do more than 3. You loose more and more muscle resistance with each one so the scar tissue builds up and makes it harder and more unsafe the more you have. Its always a risk and its a personal choice if they wont allow a vbac to continue. Its not like they can leave a baby in there because you've had 4 or 5 they have no choice but to take the baby out if it wont come vaginally.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yeah i know a lady who had i think 5.... 4 or 5, and the doctor said she had SO MUCH scar tissue it was ridiculous
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I have had 2 with both of my kids and when I had my first and had c-section they said only 3.
    Anonymous

• I haven't, but my sister had six. Her Dr. told her no more than five, but when she showed up at his office preganant with her sixth he accepted her as a patient and did the c-section.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 8:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009