I have a 3 year old and we are planning a trip to Disney World....going to Magic Kingdom & Animal Kingdom....maybe Sea World. Does anyone have any suggestions on our trips to the parks?

Where to eat in the parks, etc...

kaymeesmommy

Asked by kaymeesmommy at 7:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Travel

• Make sure you make reservations at the restaurants. Some are booked months in advance! I learned so much from books on trips to these parks. You can find them in the travel section of a major bookstore.

Have fun!
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Bring snack food and drinks with you. Park food is very expensiveand not that good. Animal Kingdom is my favorite.  Definitely go the petting zoo.  A three year old will love it.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 7:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Get a book "Mini Mickey, unofficial guide". Make sure to plan ahead but still flexible. Eg, my daughter LOVES characters, so I reserved few character dining, and did homework on possible places she can meat characters. Birnbaum Guides "Walt Disney World for Kids" was great, too. Perfect for 3 year old. I think the preparation is the key. I once went to the Disney without preparing, and I felt more relaxed when I made another trip to Disney well prepared. Have a nice time there!
    Meachan

Answer by Meachan at 8:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My 3 yr old jsut went in march. his fav part was the water park, and slides. and the air plane ride. he still talks about it. I would not advise going to the bugs life 3d movie. my son still has nightmares about it!!!
    RhiannonHunt

Answer by RhiannonHunt at 8:16 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• check out www.allearsnet.com and get an "unofficile guide book" all your info is there.
    chefjen

Answer by chefjen at 9:16 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I live in Florida and most of the parks do not allow you to bring food and drink in - they check your bags as you enter. The food in the parks is reasonably priced. When you get to the park grab a map. All the info you need to know is on the park map.
    At the Magic Kingdom - once you enter the park - take Main Street to the castle - walk through the castle and the area that come to is where all the rides for small children (parents too) will be.
    PrttyMstng

Answer by PrttyMstng at 7:20 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Whenever we go in to the parks we always bring food and when they search your bags and see it they do not say anything to you about bringing in food. I took two 3 year olds, a 2 year old and a 6 month old last year and snack and drinks were the best thing in the world. Also a must for us was having a stroller so when they are exhausted they can take a break while you walk in between places. I loved my full size one so that I had tons of storage for diapers and changes of clothes and thigns like that. Sometimes an umbrella stroller is easier. We always bring one back pack with everything loaded in it so that we have all our hands free. My little ones were scared wuite a bit by some of the things at Animal Kingdom but they are easily scared. With that in mind I think it is a great park and they did really enjoy it in the end. The Magic Kingdom is a must. Epcot was not very interesting to them at all. Love Sea World!!
    Melbornj

Answer by Melbornj at 3:32 PM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Disney sooo allows you to bring food like snack items, baby food and non-glass drinks into the parks. My family goes every year and this is one way to save money and not waste time in long lines for a bottle of 2.50 water. I mean we still get Mickey ice cream bars or a Mickey shaped rice crispy treat but when we're hankering for a snack while waiting for a ride you can munch on snacks without stepping out of line and trying to rejoin your party. Some people get pretty p-oed if you leave to fetch snacks for your family and try to rejoin the line. Most don't but some do. I agree if you're trying to have any seat down meals in any of the parks while on vacation you'll want to make reservations ahead of time, if not you'll run the risk of not getting in when you want due to the it being full. There are some great places to have a counter service meal that will do in a pinch. Check out Disney's website or join the Disboards
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:14 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• We're going in two weeks and we're on the Disney Dining Plan and we've had reservations for dinners for 3months now. Another tip is get there EARLY, the earlier the better. If you get there when the parks open and head straight to the more popular attractions that your family is interested in riding then you'll want to hit them first and make the best of Disney's Fast Pass system. This system allows you to get a pass for a popular attraction, get into a stand by line for a different one and when your fass pass time for the other attraction comes around you can get into the Fast Pass line with little or no wait.

Find out the times to popular character meet 'n greets, while there are times when you'll see many of the character out and about they almost always have a line to meet them and sometimes the lines are long especially at peak times. Epcot has a meet 'n greet which is indoors so the characters greets are longer
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:20 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• than the ones outdoors in the heat and humidity. You could be inline to meet say...Minnie and you're the 18th person in line and Minnie's handler (the person who accompanies Minnie) may feel like Minnie can only see the first 15 people in line and they don't let you know that until after you've been standing in line for 20mins; then your only options then is to wait around til Minnie comes back from her break or try to catch up with her another time all together. In Magic Kingdom over in Toon Town there is an area called the Judges Tent where a bunch of characters are - there are 3 different lines one to meet Mickey and the Gang such as Minnie, Goofy, and Donald 0-the classics; another where you can meet the Princesses like Belle, Cinderella, Snow White, Sleeping Beauty and the like the last line is the newest to the Judges Tent and thats where you can meet Tinker Bell and her Fairy Friends and this one has the longest
    Ladybugkisses76

Answer by Ladybugkisses76 at 11:27 AM on Apr. 18, 2009