Single moms of many...how do you do it??!!

I am having an overwhelming appreciation for single moms of more than 2 kids right now. My husband, other wise known as my right arm, is out of town on business. Hes taking a training class for his job and I am fending for myself. We have 4 kids who are 14, 10, 7 and 3. Two of them play baseball and one runs track and my husband coaches one of the teams. Hes the one that does all of the practices and I show up at the games. My kids have all had to be in one place at the same time. I am running up and down the road dropping off one to one place and then another and then having to have other parents help me out by bringing them home. They are all piling in my bed at night and the arguing is terrible. He usually helps me with laundry too. I don't think you know how much you miss something until its not there. We are major partners in this parenting business and I literally feel like my arm is gone. How do yall do it?

momofsaee

Asked by momofsaee at 7:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• im not a single mom to one and hes throwing so many tantrums today im about ready to move to kansas and surrender him :p
    aliciatron

Answer by aliciatron at 7:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Hang in there :) What a woman can accomplish when she has to is amazing!

- single mother of two for the past 12 years

Silver-Lining

Answer by Silver-Lining at 8:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am a single mom to one almost 13 yr old and have been doing it alone since his birth. It helps to have a support system to help you out. I have a lot of family and friends that helped me out. having people to lean on and talk to is helpful . It is hard, but so rewarding.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Life by the inch..a sinch...by the yard...hard. One step at a time. I did the single mom of 4 for awhile with a dead beat dad so no support. Hardest thing I have ever done. I think as hard as this is for you it is a good thing. You never know when your world will be turned upside down. Shows you what you are made of. Hang in there!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 11:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2009