alcohol/smoking while pregnant?

did you drink/smoke/do drugs while pregnant. i personally haven't done any of those things but i believe people that do i think its child abuse and worse than smoking around your child, i mean you are growing a child who depends on you and putting that poison in your body is so selfish i just cant stand when i hear that a person has done any of those things while pregnant, whats your viewpoint??

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• I drank and smoked until I knew I was pregnant at 6 weeks. I stopped and she is 7 months and Ive done neither thus far. I don't intend on smoking as I don't want my child smelling horrible and I don't want her breathing it in. I know girls who smoked and drank during pregnancy and it drove me nuts. They said the dr told them they could have a few beers only on the weekend and that stopping the smoking habit would harm the baby. Cold turkey can hurt the baby but if you ease off then your good but I've seen girls smoke weed, snort lines, drink and everything and it makes me sick and I believe their kids should be taken the minute they are born until they complete a drug and alcohol class.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• why try to start something on here . im sorry but you have to know that a post like this will just make so many mad and start uneeded drama.
    no i have never done anything like that but even as bad as i feel for those ones that have kids and do its nto my boy not my kids not my problem . i will worry about me
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 7:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• well not knowing is one thing but knowing and doin it it just disgusts me
    Anonymous

• I was pregnant when I turned 21, and yes on my 21st birthday I bought myself a drink. I took a sip or two from it and was done. I wasn't big into drinking and I'm still not, but I think getting drunk while pregnant is a very bad idea, though I've always been told a little wine or beer is good.
    Anonymous

• Holy cow anon 8:28 chillax a little bit jeez!!! I have been told that every once in a great while a glass of red wine is good, but a glass!! not enough to get you tipsy or what not. I dont push it though, they say that they dont know how much alcohol exactly causes alcohol fetal syndrome it could be just one beer for all you know! I quit smoking after I found out I was pregnant cause I didnt want my babies to have breathing problems or possibility of having a miscarriage for a sick habit that I had, I feel better and im glad I quit i save tons of money now =) pot, honestly i dont have a problem with smoking it while pregnant i think that if i wouldve smoked it, it wouldve helped with my morning sickness i have tons of friends who smoked through out their pregnancy and their babies came out just fine, but i just wanted to play it on the safe side and also wasnt sure if CPS would get on my ass for that or what
    Breezy1988

Answer by Breezy1988 at 8:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• We have removed at least one answer from this question. Moms are looking for responses from other members that address the question they have asked. Please don't post judgmental or rude answers. They're not appreciated and will be removed by the CafeMom Team.

//The CafeMom Admin Team
    CafeMom Admin

Answer by CafeMom Admin at 9:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• honestly, if its not your kid its really non of your business and not your place to judge. i was a smoker, and i quit the first 16 weeks but i did it on and off for about 5 weeks after that. its a personal choice that we get to make, period. my pregnancy was in no way planned, but im glad i have her now and tried very hard to do the right thing. and i did what i needed to do. i dont agree with any of it, but depending on the person smoking is a very hard habit to quit.

these subjects should be left undiscussed. wayy too judgemental and down right rude.
    USMC_Elisa

Answer by USMC_Elisa at 11:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009