Can babies get breast cancer?

I was picking my baby up and I felt something hard on her chest. I thought she had something in her jammies. I checked it out and it was a lump under her left nipple. I am taking her to the Doctor on Monday but I could use some peace of mind now. Please help. Thank you

teresa1970

Asked by teresa1970 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• Are you breastfeeding? Your boobie hormones (yes, that is a technical term, lol) pass to the baby. They can have some discharge from the nipple, too. I freaked when it happened with my oldest. Get it looked at, but that'sd probably all it is.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Why are you waiting until Monday? I doubt it's cancer, but I wouldn't wait. I'd drive myself crazy all weekend worrying.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 8:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Its probably just a gland... all babys have them. sum babys actually at birth produce milk out of there nipples. I wouldnt worry about it honestly. you could always google it if your that worried about it.
    Lovingmykids3

Answer by Lovingmykids3 at 8:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009