Dealing with a stressed fiance...

My fiance recently started working as an EMT on an ambulance and has been working 72 hours a week (3 24 hour shifts every other day). He comes home so exhausted, and on top of working, he is studying for the test to get into medical school. I feel so bad that he is doing so much - and a lot of it is so that us and our baby-on-the-way have a good start. How do I show him how much I appreciate him? Anyone else ever felt this way? I do a lot too, I work 2 jobs and am a full time senior at UCLA and am 6.5 months preg. We are both crazy!!!

LittleMonster22

Asked by LittleMonster22 at 7:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• Sleep is the most important thing for both of you. Guard it with jealousy.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 7:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Have you tried planning a special night to say thank you? Maybe do a candle lit dinner for him at home or get him a special gift. Write him a letter and say how you feel and leave it on his pillow.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Have a dinner and a bath ready for him when he gets home. Massage his shoulders and feet Ask him if he needs help studying for his test and most of all tell him how much you love and appreciate him.
    diamondmamma

Answer by diamondmamma at 7:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• God and I feel so bad because just a week ago I was complaining (Me, as the woman!) that we never have sex anymore! And now I'm thinking "god, what a bitch...look at all he's doing"
    LittleMonster22

Answer by LittleMonster22 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Id say go and have the best sex with him... afterwards lay with him and tell him that you love him and that you really appreciate what hes doing for your family.
    Anonymous

• I'm old. I'd just give him a hug. I got worn out just reading all that you two do!

Answer by admckenzie at 8:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• How do I show him how much I appreciate him?   By not complaining about on petty stuff.

Anonymous