What's the oldest you let someone babysit ?. My mom at 75 sitting my 3 yr old and was not as careful as she was with my son 7 yrs prior.

My mil is about 77 and watches my 1 yr old. I heard a few chgs in her due to age so I'm a bit concerned. But at the same time she is attached now.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• My MIL(73) lives with us along w/her brother(79). He has alztimers. So really we have 3 kids living with us (my two are 2½ and 13 mo). I think my MIL is on top of it. She does a better job then my own mom(63) does. I guess since she lives w.us and we have the house child and eldery proofed things are good.
    teafan

Answer by teafan at 8:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If she can handle it let her. Maybe find a second sitter to give her a break a day or two a week. As long as your child is safe and she is healthy and in a good state of mind let her enjoy the baby while she is still alive. She probably feels needed and wanted right now and why take that away unless the baby is unsafe.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OH, MY GRANDMAW WATCHED MY DD 21/2 ONCE (SHE RAISED ME) AND I THINK SHE WAS TO OLD( 73) TO WATCH MY DAUGHTER ,AT THE TIME MY DD WAS 1 AND SHE ALMOST DRANK BLEACH ...WHELL FROM WHAT MY GRANDMAW SAID SHE MIGHT HAVE DRANK THE BLEACH ....ALSO OLDER PEOPLE DON'T HAVE THERE HOUSES CHILD PROF AND AREN'T AS AWARE AS WE ARE, THEY GROW OLD AND FORGET THINGS!
    ELIZABETHSMO902

Answer by ELIZABETHSMO902 at 8:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i wouldnt feel confortable with a 70 somethin watchin my child alone .... id be scared someting would happen
    masonsmommii

Answer by masonsmommii at 9:28 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• not trying to be rude
    masonsmommii

• Depends. My 55 year old mil is too batty to watch her, but my 60 year old fil is great.
    apexmommy

Answer by apexmommy at 10:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009