Is it normal to miss a period? Still no period..its been one week and three days. Took HPT and its neg.

On 8dpo I spotted browish colored discharge which i thought might have been implant, it only happened when i wiped. It lasted for like 2 days. I still haven't started and I'm not having any signs of starting. Went to doctor they done a test it also came back neg so i know i'm not preg but can't figure out why i missed this month when i was certain that i was pregnant had all the symptoms...

pandora09

Asked by pandora09 at 7:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Depends on the cycle and if a lot of things changed. Diet, exercise, stress, lack of sleep. Anything can throw it off. Even a possible late ovulation. Retest in a few days.
    brailynsmama08

Answer by brailynsmama08 at 7:58 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Was it a blood test?
    bxbsmommy

Answer by bxbsmommy at 8:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No I told the nurse I'd wait on the blood test to see if maybe i started. They just done a pregnancy test and it came back neg.
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 8:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Wait about a week after you took the last hpt and take another. The dr told me I was not pregnant that my periods had stopped due to pcos. I waited a week and took another hpt and I am pregnant 6 weeks or so.
    Jody82

Answer by Jody82 at 8:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You might have gotten yourself too stressed or excited about it and made your body think it was so, so it acted like it even though it wasn't.
    Anonymous

• I also have pcos and i thought that might be why i didn't have a period but now i'm confused and don't know because i took another test earlier and it still says neg
    pandora09

Answer by pandora09 at 8:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Go to your doctor and have a blood test done.
    mommyof20507

Answer by mommyof20507 at 9:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009