Pay someone to paint your house exterior or paint it your self?

How much does it cost to pay someone to paint the exterior? 1300 sq ft? My hubby wants to do it but I'm not sure. He says about $500.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 7:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Home & Garden

• More than that, I'm sure.

If you have a two story, you can just contract out the top story and do the bottom yourself. That will save money.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Probably way more than that. It will cost him about that to do it himself! At least where live it will. I agree with timelessglass, do most of the work yourselves. Good luck.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 8:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• He said $500 if we do it.
    Anonymous

• $500 is only a fraction of what you are going to pay if you hire pros. Is this the whole house or just the trim? Even the trim will probably come to around $1000. A whole house must be thousands! Insurance is costly and painters are passing on that cost to their customers so be prepared to pay if you hire a professional. You can probably do it yourself for $500.
    Anonymous