What do you think?

My grandma has high standards for my mother, 37, my aunt, 26, and myself, 18. She wants us to be God-fearing Christians who choose education over pleasure. She didn't raise us like this. My mom said when she was young she wanted to watch soap operas and everything but she wanted to because she everyone else wanted to and history repeats with my aunt and then me. I feel like if she wanted us to be raised a certain way she should enforced stricter rules and sent us to Christian schools but no. We went to public school and got caught up with "worldly" behaviors as my GM puts it.

What do you think?

swbohsix

Asked by swbohsix at 8:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• You're all adults now. Grandma has no say in how you live your lives. When she gets on her high-horse with you, give her a hug and take a walk.
    timelessglass

Answer by timelessglass at 8:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes I know we are all adults but she is constantly bringing up about how we need to being doing this or that and I just wanted opinions.
    swbohsix

Answer by swbohsix at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You are an adult, you need to let gma know that while she has her believes you have your own. That doesn't mean you are a bad person, just have different believes than her. Tell her you love her. give her a hug and ignore her. I do it with my gma. We are Catholic and she hates that I don't go to church all the time, that I don't force my son to do so, she hates the fact that I don't follow or belive everything in the Catholic faith. I am an adult and can think for myself. I believe in God but don't feel that I have to go to church to show that.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 9:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009