What do I do??

My husband's Ex is sooo lame. We have been married for 3 1/2 years. They have been divorced for 6. She still wants him back. She cheated...he divorced her. They have one daughter together. Every time we go over to pick her up..His ex throws herself at FRONT OF ME and HER NEW BOYFRIEND! She say's "Oh would you like something to drink?" Asking him but totally ignoring me, w ho never leaves his side! She bought a 12 pack of Karona, knowing he liked it and said "want a beer?" he asked who drank Karona in their house and she said "Oh, no one..." Well then why do you have it?!?!? HELP PLEASE!!!

Asked by Anonymous at 3:41 PM on Jun. 20, 2008 in Relationships

• Either kill her with kindness....or throw some water on worked for the wicked witch..maybe she will disappear too! LOL

Answer by MommasCooCoo at 3:45 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Well, as long as you trust your husband and know he wants nothing to do with her, just ignore what she does. I know it's annoying though. You can also try killing her with kindness (as the last poster said), sometimes that really helps. They're so confused, they have no clue which way to go.

Answer by atheistzmbie at 3:53 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• It's difficult territory and she may be trying to be friendly but doesn't know exactly how to do that. I assume they shared a very personal connection and it may be hard to separate that in her mind. It's a touchy situation. But no matter what, they share a child, so you don't want to make things worse. I would just be friendly. This is what I had told my husband before: girls won't listen to other girls. You telling her to back off won't do anything. He needs to be the one, although he should do it as nicely as possible, then if she doesn't get it, be a little more blunt each time until she does get it. But it can't be from you, it has to be from him, so she gets it's his decision. I would also have him do it in private (not while exchanging custody or when you're there.) A simple phone call should suffice, but it has to be seen that he's doing it of his own free will. I hope it helps.

Answer by NomadSara at 3:56 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Try and get your husband to tell her in front of you, that he is NOT interested in her and to stop making such obvious plays for him in front of you. also have him tell her it is very unbecoming for her to throw herself at someone who dosnt want them! That ought to embarass her into stopping her childish behavior.

Answer by vbruno at 4:00 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The difficult part is that she will always be in your life because of your hubby's daughter but as much as she wants him back he is married to you now and I'm sure he wouldn't want to leave you for someone that cheated on him.She's just trying to make trouble for you two.I have a friend that has been with her husband now for gonna be 10 years and his ex also still wants him back.She has tried pretti much everything.Even not letting him see his daughter for months at a time until he finally got tired of it and now there going to court just so he could see her on the weekend.Well just don't let her get to you because that's what she wants.Remember this kindness is what will kill her the most so when you see her next time wave and smile big!!

Answer by tracey77978 at 4:25 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Definately kill her with kindness. I would go out of my way to work yourself into any "private" conversations she tries to have with him. I have to deal with an ex-wife, too. Just make it perfectly clear how happy he is with you. Hopefully she will get the point.

Answer by mmmommy0207 at 6:03 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• The best way I have ever found of dealing with an ex: make it painfully obvious to them how HAPPY the two of you are. Hang on him, kiss him, be affectionate. Whatever you do do not let her antics rile you up visibly. Keep it together until you get in the car and then let them go. Just keep a united front!

Answer by hannahjoy17 at 8:08 PM on Jun. 20, 2008

• Thanks for all the responses they will defiantly help out!!!

Answer by MooseNPeanut86 at 10:19 PM on Jun. 20, 2008