If Christians are always right...

and there is one way and bla bla bla, then why are there so many branches like Lutheran, Pentacostal, ect. Why couldn't they agree on one true way as they say , instead of creating churches based on what they wanted to believe?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• lo
    bc people got hung up on legalism and focus on stupid things instead of god
    i could care less about all the leagalistic crap, i care a bout god
    mommymeg03

Answer by mommymeg03 at 8:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• God gave everyone choices and the right to make their own choices. So people take and add to His word which is wrong and is stated so in His word and thus created they're own religion.
    Anonymous

• People who follow in the true path of Jesus need not prosthelytize. I'm not sure if I'm spelling that right?

writeon

Answer by writeon at 8:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Most denominations have some truth with a bunch of "fables" thrown in, and they build a church around that.
    rhope4

Answer by rhope4 at 8:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Well, one of the other posts had it right. It has to do with how people interpret the bible and even which one they use for that interpretation. Bottom line. Christians are people too and they are human. I don't care how many theology degrees you have, you are still human. Some churches didnt like the way others were doing it so they divided and created the denominations, which means division, so that they could have their own little club and accept who they wanted and shun who they didnt want. I refuse to be a part of that. I do attend a non denom church, but if I ever sense that they are being legalistic and not letting people find God for themselves, then I won't stay. The churches DO believe in some core principles. One being that the only way to the father is through Christ . Thats fairly basic. It was all the other details that they couldnt get worked out....like if its okay to wear pants to church....LOL...I say it is.
    momofsaee

Answer by momofsaee at 8:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Because people get hung up on what THEY believe and not Biblical truth. This is where the primary difference occurs. People mandate their own truths without completely relying on God's Word to convey the truth. This is a huge failing of the human spirit- serving self (the flesh) above God.

SarahElf.

Answer by SarahElf. at 8:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Because Christianity set out to make everyone the same.....but unfortunately, as much as it's denied, people are different. Their brains work different, they have different experiences, and there will NEVER be a set of rules or beliefs that EVERYONE can follow....unless the belief/rule is "think for yourself" :) Unfortunately, I don't think everyone can even do THAT.
    metalcowgirl34

Answer by metalcowgirl34 at 8:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Because the devil has found a way to separate us from each other. If we would unite, and worship together it would spoil his plans, but Christians are people too so they have to have their ego's stand in the way. It just goes to prove that we are all human and make the same common mistakes.

mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I would also like to add that no one is perfect not even Christians. Another good point to show we all have more in common then some would like to believe.

I think people want to feel special when they claim we are all different. We all breath air, we all do the same human bodily functions. We all have to eat to survive. We all have emotions. We all want the same basic things in life. We all have the same limitations. The only difference is our personalities, and even that can be grouped together with more than one person so there really is no individuality as some would like to think.
    mo2a27

Answer by mo2a27 at 9:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• haha whoever said Christians are always right is wrong! while we think our faith is right, Christians (as all humans) are never always anything...especially right.

when ppl started becoming more educated & Bibles became cheaper more ppl were able to form their own opinions, instead of just listening to the opinions of their clergy. a lot of denominations are a response to finding out what they were taught was wrong (in their view). so they felt the need to start their own religion with their own rules. thats why a majority of Christian denominations have come about in the past 300 years or so.
    okmanders

Answer by okmanders at 9:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009