Packing 4 Hospital

what do you pack in your bag & the diaper bag?

marinesweetie

Asked by marinesweetie at 8:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• i have packed my shampoos lotions a couple outfits for me and my husband and clothes for our baby also a pillow and blanket. slippers and socks . that is all we really need to bring you dont need alot lol . oh we also packed a thing of diapers because we want to use certain ones
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Definitely bring your favorite pillow...the hospital ones are no good. Also, an outfit for yourself and baby. remember you'll still look 5 months pregnant so nothing to tight. The car seat. Anything to pass time....like cards or a book...we brought a mini DVD player. Your camera and/or camcorder. A book of baby names...if you haven't picked one out yet. Your own toiletries...shampoo, lotion, toothbrush, pads etc. Oh and underwear..period underwear...the big kind :)
    sloanesmommy

Answer by sloanesmommy at 8:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• hey im due next week and i havent packed yet lol..i wanna wait til last minute :D
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• weve got our name set. My hubby is deployed so its gonna prolly be a friend at the hosp, & my mom.
    marinesweetie

Answer by marinesweetie at 9:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• aww are you nervious , my hubby was deployed with our first two, now we are on recruiting duty so he will be here and its our first girl....YEAHHHHH...lol but about your bag, definitely take books or something to keep busy, I didn't take clothes for myself because i wore the hospital gownthe whole time, and just a note to keep in mind ( you will bleed a lot so don't take anything that you care about) i threw away all the underwear that i wore but anyway lotion, and shower supplies, if your water breaks at home I would reccomend taking a shower before you leave, because theres no telling when you will be able to take another one.

well any questions just ask... i remember being just where you are...
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 10:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Number one I completely feel your pain, my husband is deployed right now too. But he should be able to come home for the birth if you call Red Cross. Anyways, besides what everyone else said here's the best tip I've heard so far. Bring a hair dryer... not for you hair... for after your shower(s) because drying off with a towel down there hurts REALLY bad. Also, just in case your hospital doesn't provide them or you are forgetting, a nursing bra and nursing pads.
    BeccaBoo518

Answer by BeccaBoo518 at 1:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2009