Is it ok to use monistat or some other anti itch cream?

I dont think I have a yeast infection, no discharge. but my lips and clit are swollen and my clitoris is itching like crazy!!! Is it safe to use monistat or some other anti-itch cream while preggo? I'm just gonna put it on the outside...

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• no you are not supposed to use anything liek that without your dr oking it first.
    and you should be checked for infection because you may not have the normal signs of one but still have one.
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Actually, I had one when I was pregnant and my doctor prescribed some for me but only to put on the outside. But, he actually examined me fist. SO, if you are sure it is a yeast infection, apply just a little to the outside just to get some relief and call your doctor in the morning.
    mamaada

Answer by mamaada at 9:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If you tell your doctor they should give u something, or atleast a Rx for it, I had the same thing with my second and they gave me a Rx for it.
    pswife

Answer by pswife at 10:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i am having the same problem, i have been like this for about week i m calling my dr, in the morning i am going outta my mind. let me kno what your dr says..
    brittanybell

Answer by brittanybell at 11:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009