If you have PCOS will it higher your chance of having twins?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 8:52 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• I have never heard of it increasing your chances of twins....I have only heard that it decreases your chances of getting pregnant.
    Anonymous

• My SIL has that, and she has had 2 pregnancies. Both were single. I never heard of having twins with this before?
    ali_1107

Answer by ali_1107 at 8:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If you are taking fertility meds there is always a chance of twins. I am guessing that is why you are asking.
    ldsdragonmom

Answer by ldsdragonmom at 8:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yes because i'm wondering if i'll have twins someone told me that with pcos and taking clomid or however you spell it that it will cause you to have twins
    Anonymous

• what is pcos??
    Anonymous

• If you take a fertility medicine, then it increases your risk, but not just having PCOS
    PeytonsMom21109

Answer by PeytonsMom21109 at 9:02 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• its polycystic ovarian diease
    Anonymous

• Thank you!!! Sounds bad! I wish you the best of luck in TTC!!!
    Anonymous

• Clomid only has a 7% twin rate. I took it four times but did not conceive (I have PCOS). My friend's sister took Clomid the same time as I did and became pregnant with a singleton. It honestly depends on how your ovaries react to the Clomid. When I took it I had tons of follicles growing, but when it was time to ovulate (I had to use a trigger injection) only one was ever mature enough. (They have to be at an 18 or higher to be considered mature, though some doctors claim a 17 is fine.) If you have two or more mature follicles at the time of ovulation or trigger, your chances of twins are higher.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Oh, my friend's sister, however, did not have PCOS.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:37 PM on Apr. 15, 2009