Prolonged period?

Im about 9 weeks postpartum. I had an IUD inserted at 7 weeks pp. I started my FIRST pp period about 11 days ago & it's STILL going. ANybody else deal with this?..Could it just be b/c of my IUD or what? (I got mierna) Already called the doc but they won't see me 'till NEXT month..Any help?..

Thanks

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• I got my Mirena eight weeks postpartum. I got my period at the end of six weeks, so I bled for seven weeks after giving birth. I got the IUD and didn't bleed for three days, then I spotted for three weeks then had a period and then spotted for another three weeks. The third month I had a period and had very minimal spotting a couple of times a week for the entire month.
    Now it has been a year and I barely have a period at all now, basically some light spotting for three or four days a month. When before I got the IUD I always had a really heavy periods that lasted for an entire week.
    I love my IUD and am so happy that I stuck it through those few months of discomfort.
    My dh and I have a much better sex life because there is no worry about getting pregnant and we can be spontaneous.
    Nathskitten

Answer by Nathskitten at 10:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yes it could def. be from the IUD.
    kflwrgrl

Answer by kflwrgrl at 3:53 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• thanks so much both of you...i'm still going..lol.but i do have an appointment for next month ..hopefully this wil be done by then b/c other than this, i'm not having any problems out of my IUD.
    lilmammamcmanus

Answer by lilmammamcmanus at 11:18 PM on Apr. 16, 2009