Pregnant with first child and extremely exhausted! Help please!

Hi, everyone! Well I am about 2 months pregnant with my first child and im just extremely tired. Is there anything I can do or take that will help boost my energy? Nothing like energy drinks or anything. I sleep like 16 hours a day!

lhartman90

Asked by lhartman90 at 9:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• trygoing for walks or soemthing i know if you sleep alot then you are just in a way making your self lazy lol .
    if you get out and exercise a little like walking that should help
    Mrs.Owen86

Answer by Mrs.Owen86 at 9:38 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It's perfectly normal to be extremely tired in your first trimester. It's usually when you hit your fourth month that it suddenly feels like someone injected you with coffee! You become wide awake and full of energy! (Well, not EVERYONE, as I'm sure some people will say "Well I didn't", but generally. Doctors and pregnancy books will say the same.) I was sleeping 18 hour days (no kidding) in my first trimester. In my second it dropped down to 13 hours, lmao! I couldn't stay awake for the life of me... I was nodding off even in restaurants and movie theatres!
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 9:39 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes walking will help, also eating smaller meals more often will help you not to feel so wore down. Make sure you take your prenatals every day! That helps alot. A good snack that seems to help my energy is a hard boiled egg and a glass of orange juice, or some banana slices and peanut butter.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was opposite lol. I couldn't sleep! I agree, go for walks, I was very active during my pregnancy and found that helped alot. Also, take this time to rest and be lazy now, youre gonna need it. In the third tri-mester you usually can't sleep because you will be uncomfortable and anxious alot of the time.

Mom2Rylin

Answer by Mom2Rylin at 9:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• im 5 months pregnant, and im tired too, i sleep about 8 hours at night, then i go to work, what helps me is that i take about an hour nap during the day, and if you go on walks or keep busy its better. Remember your body is getting you ready for mother hood, you will be more tired then ever.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Be certain to take your prental vitamins. Those will help with your energy level. However the first trimester is initially the most difficult. Your body is pulling your in a million directions, your skin is so sensitive, you ache in ways your never did before but it is a phase. It will pass. Get the most rest you can, drink water to flush toxins from your body and take those vitamins. Congratulations Mommy.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:49 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I was the same way when I was pregnant. Everyone said that I would hit a point and have energy....I never did. I slept 16 hours a day for almost 7 months.....now Im lucky if I get 8 hours total.......good luck
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i was the same way!!!! the first trimester is the time when the most is being done with the baby..... dont worry its get better in the second trimester and as the third one comes along it slowly comes back =) think of it as a good thing since you can sleep while your body does all the work. I wouldnt try any energy boosting products or anything like that cause it may harm the baby in its most important stage.... try to take it easy and rest for a few minutes of each hour... that may decrease the whole crash mode for you... hope this helps =)
    mommy_in_2009

Answer by mommy_in_2009 at 11:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009