ABA therapy?

I have an autistic toddler and I heard ABA therapy was really good. The closest one to me is 2 hours away and will not let a child enroll until preschool age. I heard I can start my own ABA program for my child in my house with me being his therapist. Does anybody know where I can find more info on this? Maybe some kind of kit or book or something? Or better yet an online source? Thanks so much!

Krystal.Ingalls

Asked by Krystal.Ingalls at 9:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in General Parenting

• Not sure but have you Googled ABA Therapy?

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Yes I have. With no luck. lol!
    Krystal.Ingalls

Answer by Krystal.Ingalls at 11:22 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• The best book I can recommend to you is "A Work in Progress" by Ron Leaf and John McEachin. Brody's ABA therapist gave it to us to read. She's been working with him for almost 2 years now and the changes have been incredible....all of his therapies have been important but ABA above all others for sure. I'm by no means an expert but I'd be happy to help answer ABA questions if I'm able. :)
    aurorabunny

Answer by aurorabunny at 11:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009