WTF! what is this world coming to?

STOCKTON — Melissa Chantel Huckaby, 28, sobbed today as a judge read the charges against her: Rape, kidnapping, murder.

She entered no pleas and spoke only to say “yes” when the judge asked her if she wanted a public defender.

The Sunday school teacher was arrested Friday night on suspicion of killing 8-year-old Sandra Cantu, the Tracy girl who went missing for 10 days before farmworkers found a suitcase in a filthy dairy pond north of town. Inside the suitcase was her lifeless body.

Huckaby, a single mother of a 5-year-old girl who lives five doors down from Sandra, appeared in the San Joaquin County Superior Court today clad in a red jumpsuit, her wrists and ankles chained. For the entire minutes-long arraignment, her lip trembled. Her eyes welled with tears. At times, she closed her eyes as if the accusations were too painful to hear.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:43 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• I know. This is truly sick and disturbing!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 9:44 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Melissa's daughter and Sandra were playmates. Melissa was also charged with rape with a foreign object. I'd like to know what went down and what the autopsy shows. As far as I'm concerned Melissa deserves the death penalty. For a mother to kill another mother's child...she deserves what she gets.
    lilbit022009

Answer by lilbit022009 at 9:45 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i saw her on the news what a monster! i hear there also looking to see if she also did this to other kids. its hard to know its done by a man but for a mom to do it to another child its just mind bending. hope she rotts in jail. and gets her karma while shes in jail.
    tabbys4

Answer by tabbys4 at 9:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Op here - what about her own daughter, they need to investigate if she molested/raped her own child and if Melissa her self was molested/raped and if so by who.... her pastor father???? I'm serious they need to investigate all of them and keep them away from children. I hate when people hide behind God and do disgusting, horrible things like this!!!!
    Anonymous

• Why do I seem to be the only who hesitates to condemn people before they have been proven guilty?
    Anonymous

• Op here.That's because your the kind of person who wants to give people the benefit of the doubt and theirs nothing wrong with that... she could be innocent but Idk.....this is just really upsetting if this is true.
    Anonymous

• I feel horribly sorry for this woman's little gir. She has lost a playmate and her mother and she is too young to understand why.
    kaycee14

Answer by kaycee14 at 9:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Everything about this story makes me want to vomit...It seems to get WORSE everyday. She is a true monster
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:06 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am hesitant to condemn the woman until the evidence against her is known. I think there is more to this terrible story than we yet know. I saw on the news a few days ago where she claimed that the suitcase indeed was hers but that she had put it out to the garbage prior to the child turning up missing. What about DNA evidence, I've heard nothing about that.
    Msaural

Answer by Msaural at 10:20 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Her lawyers are claiming it was an accident...so I'm pretty sure she did it. Also , when interviewed her dad didn't deny she did it either...just said he is devestated and its so shocking. She isn't proclaiming her innocence and neither is her family
    sweet-a-kins

Answer by sweet-a-kins at 10:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009