If you have missed a period and are not pregnant how do you know what days you are ovulating

do you go by the days you went by the previous month..confused help? i've tried those ovulation test and they don't work great for me...any other advise

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Your going to have a hard time tracking ovulation if your even ovulating cause you have irregular periods. You might want to see a doctor like I did cause I had the same problem and we had been ttc for 8 months. After seeing my doctor we found out that I have PCOS so that explained alot. She was able to start me on Provera which is a ten day medication and then you will start aperiod up to a week after the last pill. Since I started my period Im also on Clomid a fertility drug to help me get pregnant since I have PCOS. GL
    LANDENSMOMMYlmk

Answer by LANDENSMOMMYlmk at 12:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Tracking ovulation is actually pretty easy once you get the hang of it. I have irregular periods (sometimes 2 mo. apart!) My husband and I use NFP (Natural Family Planning because I didnt want to use a chemical to control when I got pregnant and when I didnt.) The method we use is the Sympto-Thermal method with which you chart your temperature and "symptoms" (such as cervical mucus) every morning. We, eventually, just started charting my temperature and just noticing the symptoms but not writing them down or anything. We know exactly what day my daughter was conceived because we knew exactly what days I was most likely to get pregnant.

I have a friend who was trying this method and through her charts she saw that something was wrong. She brought the charts to her doctor and found that she had a condition that made it hard for her to conceive. This method is natural and really gets you tune with your body
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 3:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• If you have any questions about the method you can message me. I'd be happy to help you out if I can.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 3:30 AM on Apr. 16, 2009