Do you really think it bothers your son on how you really look?

We were at my son's baseball game and my son is 7 yrs. old and asked if he could go say hello to his friends mom I was busy at the time and told him to make it quick we are about to go home.
Then he comes back and says mommy when we come back to play our next game can you fix your hair and look nice I want you to meet my friend's mom.
I was like ok but why, he said well I want you to meet her but I want you to feel pretty. I told him thank you but if I let my hair down the wind is just going to mess it up. And we left it at that. I usually wear my hair in a ponytail with glasses and alittle lipstick. (plain) Do they really care?
But I will do it for him.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 9:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I think it's a boy thing b/c I have 2 boys & god forbid I leave the house not matching or my hair messy they catch a fit ...LOL
    LatinMamiOf2

Answer by LatinMamiOf2 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• awwww that would have made me feel super upset =(
    but im sure he didnt mean anything by it
    MissKellee

Answer by MissKellee at 9:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Awww... I think it's kind of cute! He wants you to feel pretty! lol! I can't wait until ours is old enough to say stuff like that!
    trebelcleff

Answer by trebelcleff at 10:00 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• When I buckle our 5 yr old in his seatbelt he always says "mom you smell pretty, and your hair is so soft" It's so nice to hear... My oldest used to tell his daddy that he was going to marry me,lol
    Anonymous

• Do you care what you look like? Of course it matters to them. Especially if the friends mom looks nice all of the time.
    paulaann811

Answer by paulaann811 at 10:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I think that he just wants to show you off, and for his friends mom to see that your pretty. I think it's cute.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:19 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Wow. I feel so out of touch. Like I'm not really a mom! My two kids have autism, and they couldn't give a rat's butt what I looked like! They didn't even notice when I chopped my hair off, and I had cut it pretty short! My daughter notices, though, when I'm not feeling very happy. She starts to act up more.
    tigerlily721

Answer by tigerlily721 at 10:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son (he's almost 4) will complement me and say if Iook pretty or if he likes my hair, he'll say 'it's wonderful'. I love that, it's so cute! I do wear makeup - not every day, but definitely on weekdays when I'm working - and I like to dress cute so it makes me feel good when he compliments me.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:34 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I don't think my seven year old has noticed or cares how I look! I can remember when he was younger (about 4.5 years) when I was about 8.5 month pg with my youngest a friend in the schoolyard ran up to him and, right in front of me, said "Hey- your mom is really fat!" I was waiting for my son to step in and defend me and explain that I was having a baby, but he just looked at me and said "Yep, she is!" Thanks honey! LOL!
    Freela

Answer by Freela at 10:56 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm not sure what to think of that! I guess he wants other people to think you're pretty? When my son (he would KILL me if he knew I was telling this!) was 3, we were in the car, and he patted my leg and said, "Mommy, you have such nice, fat yegs" !!!!
    4kidsandadog

Answer by 4kidsandadog at 10:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009