Can anyone give me a good diet that I can stick to. My doctor told me that I need to lose some weight. I asked her about the B-12 shot she does not believe in it. Can anyone help

momof330

Asked by momof330 at 9:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Diet & Fitness

• Well I'm right there with you on the trying to loose weight part and doing pretty good so far I've lost 49lbs. I think the best things that you can do are to start drinking only water (sometimes milk also lowfat) Start walking I would add a half hour walk to your day, it's helps, and it's easy! Also when you go to the store get the same things that you would normally get but check the labels get lower calorie, lower fat versions of the foods you already eat. I also got some video workouts at walmart that I do whenever I feel up to it. Good Luck!
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Use an online calorie calculator to find the number of calories you can have per day and lose weight. Divide that into 40% protein, 30% carbohydrates, and 30% fat. Read all of the nutritional information on everything you eat and stay within those numbers. It takes a little getting used to, but becomes second nature in no time.
    desert_diva

Answer by desert_diva at 10:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Weight Watchers is freakin' awesome!
    hgibsonorc

Answer by hgibsonorc at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• First train your brain to think Eat Healthy not Diet. Diets always fail, change your thinking process. Start simple so you don't get discouraged. Cut your portions, eat until you are satisfied, place your napkin over your food when you are & push the plate away. Cut out processed food & heavy carbs. These all contain processed sugar & do nothing to assist w/ weightloss. Increase your fresh produce & steamed veggie intake, cook with Grape Seed Oil instead of other oils (if you cook with oil). Switch to Raw Sugar (found at any store) your body can process it instead of the white C&H sugar (its processed). Increase you water intake & MOST IMPORTANT start walking after every meal. This is the best exercise & easy to do. Start easy & slow, each week increase the distance. Weighloss should be slow & gradual, if you train your brain to think healthy it will be, live by the golden rule, if God didnt make dont eat it!

AndreaRUJuiced

Answer by AndreaRUJuiced at 11:36 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Breakfast should be your biggest meal and dinner should be your smallest- most Americans do this backwards, but we have all day to burn off the calories from breakfast and don't burn off many from dinner.
    Eat smaller portions and excersize more. There's no diet that really works and keeps the weight off for good. More fruits and veggies, less fattening foods.
    Cooking from scratch is really the best way to eat. You know what's in your food when your cooking it. Processed foods are loaded with sodium and sugar. I was looking at a can of lentil soup at the store and it had 38% of your sodium intake for the day in one serving! When I make lentil soup, I'd be surprised if it has even 10%.
    Walking is the best calorie burner. My husband is a Physical Therapist and he is always making sure that we're walking as a family to keep in shape. Bring your i-pod and stroller and head out for 30 minutes. It's really relaxing
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:06 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• go to http://freeweightlossassessment.homestead.com/index.html and you will get a free metabolic assessment and they will tell you why you are not losing weight.
    sdwalker

Answer by sdwalker at 12:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Hello I can provide you with some information and show you how to lose weight without diet, pills or surgery..its a treatment garment that burns fat and helps us lose weight naturally..also you may want to do a natural body cleanse for your colon because sometimes that adds to our weight..just let me know...be blessed
    cbarconia

Answer by cbarconia at 1:22 AM on Apr. 18, 2009

• You don't need a diet; you need a lifestyle change. Every day, eat 7-8 servings of fruits and vegetables in a rainbow of colors. Every day eat 7 servings of whole grains. Every day drink 8 or more 8 ounce glasses of water. Please contact me for recipes to help you get started.

Answer by rkoloms at 5:19 PM on Apr. 21, 2009