Stage 2 Foods????

When can I start my almost 6 month old daughter on stage 2 baby foods? She is eating stage one but there are not many choices and she is getting old with the same stuff...Thank you:)))

MadisynsMom0114

Asked by MadisynsMom0114 at 9:54 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• The main difference with the stage two stuff is that it is a larger portion and some of them are mixed flavors (like apples and bananas). If she is doing well with the stage 1 and you think her appetite can handle it then you should be fine to move on. Just keep up with adding only one new flavor for a few days. LIke if she is having something with bananas and blueberries in it don't give her something with mango the next day.

Stage 2 foods are not really a lot thicker than stage 1 foods are.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:01 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• They say " the supported sitter" gets stage one and the "sits alone" gets stage two. If you think she can handle it....go for it. Whats the worst thats going to happen......doesn't eat it all...or gets a tummy ache? Motherhood is trial and error.
    rowdy24

Answer by rowdy24 at 10:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I started my dd on stage 2s at six months, she's fine go for it... Also it says on the stage 2 jars for around six months.
    Liz132

Answer by Liz132 at 10:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• ok thank you for the answers ladies:)))
    MadisynsMom0114

Answer by MadisynsMom0114 at 10:53 PM on Apr. 15, 2009