Did anyone see

Oprah today? John Walsh was on talking about how broken our sex offender registry system is in this country. Please take a moment to go to oprah.com and click on the letter to send to your state represenatives..there is even a link for each state so you can get the names and address's if you need them. All this costs is a bit of time and one stamp. Please join me in giving a voice to the voiceless, and make this country a safer place for your children and mine! I believe together we can move mountains! Wouldn't you want to know if a sexual predator was living next to you?

salexander

Asked by salexander at 10:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• I'm on my way there to check it out. I live with this stuff daily, we have about 10 within a two block radius from my house. One of which is about 6 houses down from me. Luckily my landlord put up privacy fences and I have great neighbors that help watch my house.
    Netterbug

Answer by Netterbug at 11:07 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Absolutely!! On my way to Oprah.com!
    Anonymous

• I do know! My paranoid mom does that stuff for me! lol
    tigerlily721

Answer by tigerlily721 at 10:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• There are sites you can look at that tells you where predators live in your neighborhood. I found out we have one on the next street...actually we have 3 w/in a quarter mile of our house.
    rio_burb

Answer by rio_burb at 10:30 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• www.familywatchdog.com ..ive had my address in their data base for 2 yrs..it alerts me any time an offender has moved near me
    tnteaton

Answer by tnteaton at 10:42 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I am not going to mail a letter to my state, when i can look it up on my internet and not just that it won't really help caue the goverment has better things to do then worry about sexual people.
    Anonymous

• Well anon with attitudes like yours this country will never get any better! Bet you don't vote either, but are the first one to bitch when things don't go your way. This letter has nothing to do with web sites that get you the info in your area. It is about making the registry nation wide not just state to state! I am sure victims of sexual abuse everywhere are thankful there are ignorant people such as yourself out there trying to help keep this kind of crap from happening to others!
    salexander

Answer by salexander at 9:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009