eczma on head and face.............

For the longest time we thought it was cradle cap. Now we know it is eczema and can't get it to let up. Gets so dry that it cracks and bleeds on her head. Spreads down to her face and swells eyes shut. EVERY lotion breaks her out in a rash. Nothing we put on it helps. Doc gave us cortizone but WTF.....that can get in her eyes...HELP

rowdy24

Asked by rowdy24 at 10:09 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

Level 2 (-1 Credits)
  • first of all get fluticisone apply it once a day - at night after her bath
    second switch soap to unscented Dove Bar soap (use the J&J baby shampoo only on her eyes for washing everywhere else use the dove
    the exact same thing happend to me LOL and I"m a nurse you'd think I would have figured it out before 11 months old!! UGH I felt to stupid
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son had it, but not quite so severe. With the cradle cap looking stuff I put baby oil on it and let it sit for 10 minutes, then combed it with a fine tooth comb. FOr the dry skin on his face I gave him a bath in Aveeno baby bath (everything else irritates) and then pat dry and immediately load him up with aquaphor. Don't feel like you have to rub it all in because her skin will absorb it. I gave my son a bath every night and then the lotion IMMEDIATELY after. It helped a lot. The bath makes the skin soak up the lotion better. I hope your poor little girl feels better!
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 10:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My dd has excema, as does her dr. he gave us a Rx for Hylira. It's a mild steroid that clears it up really quickly when she has an outbreak. Keep bath time as short as possible.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:13 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My son has excema and we use cortizone and it clears it right up. He's been using it since he was born and now he's 10 yrs. old and still have to use it everyday. If I stop using it it comes right back..
    lilmama965

Answer by lilmama965 at 10:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Stop using all johnsons and johnsons products. Most of them have trace amounts of alcahol in them...made my dd break out horribly. With the aveno baby bath I didnt just put it in her bath, but I poured some into my hand too, and put just enough water in it to make a paste and rubbed it on her skin. Helpped a ton. And they make an exzema lotion, that my dd reacted really well too. Every baby tolerates different products though, and once you find something that works, use it constantly. GL hope your lo feels better soon.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:11 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Johnson and johnson made my daughters skin worse! I gave her a bath with baby aveeno UNSCENTED baby wash and a quarter cup of baby oil in the bath tub.. I would let her soak in it and then I would put lubriderm red label lotion all over her body.. that was the only lotion or cream that worked.. you have to put the lotion on at least twice a day though and keep up on it otherwise it will just come back again.. and make sure you put the baby oil in the bath water because it HELPS sooo much! Your baby will be super slippery when you take them out of the water though so be careful
    casper4991

Answer by casper4991 at 1:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009