Re-entering the dating scene-sex on the first date???

I broke up with my boyfriend of 5.5 years, and I'm ready to re-enter the dating scene.
I really didn't start dating until my late 20's (long story), so I don't have a lot of experience with sex and dating and all that. I'm 35 years old.
Do men expect that you'll sleep with them on the first date? Am I expected to kiss him? What do you talk about on dates?
As you can tell, I'm really, REALLY rusty in the area of male/female relationships.
Can someone help me?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Relationships

• No sex on the first date. You want to date a man, not have him think you're easy and use you as a booty call.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• MORE INFO:

My relationship with my ex was more like a "family relationship"...there wasn't a lot of sex...we do have a baby together...he never really took me out on dates...we would go out to eat and pay for our own meals, etc...
    Anonymous

• I had sex w my man on our first date and 7 years later we are married w kids!!!!!
    Anonymous

• well, it all depends on what you are looking for when your dating. If you just want to have some fun, I would just go with what you feel in the moment, but honestly, NO guy will have respect for you if you have sex on the first date. JMO
    lilmans_mommy

Answer by lilmans_mommy at 10:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• No sex on the first date, even now... it just shows that you are easy, and where is the mystery there. A small kiss on the cheek or lips if you are comfortable is fine, and let HIM pay if you go out to dinner! I'm sorry I love the old ways where the man opens the door, and brings flowers, and tries harder than a lot of guys these days do. My parents have been together 28 years and my dad still opens the car door for my mom when they are going somewhere. I think it is the SWEETEST thing ever...
    pamelajqs

Answer by pamelajqs at 10:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• NO SEX on the first date, that just lets him know all you want is sex, If you dont want to have sex until 2 weeks after dating him, then wait, thats what I did, I had sex with my boyfriend once I felt comftorable with him. As for kissing, like i said wait til the moment, and believe me you will know.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If a guy expects sex on the first date that is most likely all he is after. Respectable guys want respectable women. If you want a jerk who doesn't care if you are a sleeze bucket, then by all means have sex on the first date. If you don't want to settle for anything less than a good guy, don't go out with one who would expect sex on a first date!

Anonymous

• Don't do anything that you aren't comfortable with, no matter what! Don't let him pressure you. As for sex, I wouldn't do it on the first date unless I wasn't trying to be serious with him.
    dawn_misayo

Answer by dawn_misayo at 10:33 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If you feel like you want to kiss him, than do it. Don't give out to much information about yourself on the first date. Just the basics-where your from, what you do, etc..Don't mention your exs. And try to stray from talking about your kids too much. And make sure he knows you have kids. Don't act to needy. Save all the details about your life for later. And after the date, let him text you first..or just text a hey how are you text. Don't seem to needy or over crowd him. Good luck.

Oh and no sex on the first date.
    sarapurser

Answer by sarapurser at 10:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• newmom, 2 WEEKS after meeting a guy is a respectable/comfortable amount of time to wait to have sex? Not in my world!
    Anonymous