How can I stop my 10 month old from sticking his fingers in the back of his throat?

He has thrown up three times today because of this. Why does he do it?

LaurenKaye29

Asked by LaurenKaye29 at 10:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• It's a stage a lot of kids go through. Both my girls did this. All you can really do is watch them closely and tell them no and pull their hand out of the mouth when they do it.
    LolosMom

Answer by LolosMom at 10:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My 7 month old does the same thing and just gags away...usually only when Im holding her so I pull her hand out but I don't know what else you can do.
    calliesmommie

Answer by calliesmommie at 11:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My 10month old does it all the time. I just keep signing and telling him 'no'. Hopefully this phase will pass soon.
    babyboomboom

Answer by babyboomboom at 12:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My 10mnth old does the same, i just keep saying "NO" very firm,but nice of coarse and everytime she tried to touch her mouth after she did it i would say dont stick fingers in mouth pwease, u will choke self! and after about 2days she stoped. too bad were back at it again!
    kyliebugs_mommy

Answer by kyliebugs_mommy at 12:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can't stop him. Babies are goofy like this. Just look at it this way, he's learning cause & effect. Sorry you're having to clean up puke!  If you laugh at him after he does it, he'll probably laugh too. To him, he's just practicing his latest trick.

carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 1:42 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

• You can't stop them. It's just a phase they go through.
    Fallaya

Answer by Fallaya at 3:49 PM on Apr. 16, 2009