Why am I getting dizzy?

Recently, I have been getting dizzy and I don't know why. It's not really even dizzy, more like a spacey feeling. It can happen at any time, watching TV, in the car(not driving), or while I am cooking. I had all kinds of heart tests and were ok. My big fear is a heart attack. When I get like this, I get nervous and that makes it worse. I also have siaciata and am seeing a chiro dr. He told me that I have a virus of some kind. I get aura migranies and am wondering if this is related. Would anyone have any ideas of what this could be caused by. I have an appointment with my cardio dr tomorrow. Thanks for any ideas.

denmar29

Asked by denmar29 at 10:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Health

• I get the same thing. It seems to come in spurts, not all the time and I have had all kinds of tests but have never gotten a real answer. I have done alot of research on myown and thinks that it is some sort of anxiety attach. There are certain situations that bring it on. There is one isle in the grocery store that does it to me and there is a certain stretch on the thruway that brings it on,. I have also noticed that when this feeling hits my breathing changes a bit. If I make my self take deep breaths it does help some. Hope this helps you.
    craftylady213

Answer by craftylady213 at 10:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You could be having anxiety attacks. Mention that to your Doctor and see what they think. Good luck Mama and try to relax.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• A Lot of thing can cause it. Diabetes, pregnancy, stress...The list goes on.  I would go and get the bigger stuff ruled out, like diabetes, pregnancy and so on. You already had your heart checked right? That should be a load off there. Anyways good luck. Remember being dizzy isn't normal. You can also try medline+.gov. It is a good site.

lincsmom74

Answer by lincsmom74 at 10:50 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I used to have them a lot and always thought I was having a heart attack. I never wanted meds for it so my Dr reccomended when I feel it coming on to get outside and breathe. He also reccommended yoga and cutting down on coffee. So far so good and it has been about 15 years since my last attack. I hope you feel better soon.
    pnwmom

Answer by pnwmom at 10:51 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Anxiety attacks, low blood sugar, low blood pressure, it could be from the headaches, sinus infection or allergies. If my allergies are really bad I can get dizzy or lightheaded. You could be hungry or dehydrated. You really need to talk to your primary doc to find out.

Answer by tyfry7496 at 10:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• I'm assuming your physician has run the gamut of blood tests on you and they came back pretty much normal? Especially your glucose level? You may also be experiencing hypotension, which is nothing to worry about, but you should keep a record of occurrences to discuss with your physician. You need to see a neurologist for your migraines. Find out more info on the virus your cardiologist says you have. Also, go have your eyes examined.  Best wishes!

PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 11:32 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Could be panic attacks... those can be hell, they can cause all kinds of symptoms, but they're pretty much harmless. You won't die, pass out, or vomit. (those were my worries when I panicked)... or look up Meneire's disease (might not be spelled correctly, dunno)... my dad has it and has random attacks of hardcore vertigo and vomitting..
    Gremlyn

Answer by Gremlyn at 6:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• My migraine trigger is dizziness. You could also have a slight inner ear infection. Sinus infections can also cause dizziness.
    Marwill

Answer by Marwill at 7:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I have the same thing it could be panic or anxiety attacks or mine is also caused by fluid in the inner ear, that messes up your equilibrium and can also make you sick at your stomach. caused by allergies and viruses
    lovebug299

Answer by lovebug299 at 7:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• PREGNANCY!! im seriuos i wAs so dizzy with my DD when i first got pregnant that i fell out of my husbands semi truck!
    MrsSpecialistB

Answer by MrsSpecialistB at 8:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009