Help me!!

My toddler is almost three. She was doing great potty training for a while. Now she refuses to use the potty! I am about to have another kid soon, and two kids in diapers/pull ups is going to be too expensive. If I take the pull ups away she just pees on herself, and tells me she's wet. Then I have to bathe her. Please help me. I am desperate.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 10:41 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Toddlers (1-2)

• I had that happen with my daughter. It has everything to do with the new addition. first of all DONT GET MAD AT HER THATS THE WORST THING. Use Diapers for a while ( it was like 4 months back in diapers with my daughter) and pretend it is not bothering you at all... matter of fact smile. When baby gets here let her be a little mommy.. let he know YOU NEED HER HELP (pick out clothing read baby a book get clean diaper for the baby grab a wipe that sort of stuff and like 2 months after baby has arrived mention to her (NICE VOICE) that well she is still a baby too after all she's making potty in her diaper instead of using the big girl potty:) and kinda mention it daily .. she'll stop when she is darn good and ready... oh yes and one last think make sure you give her Mommy time everyday just you and her playtime (like 30 minutes a day)
    MELRN

Answer by MELRN at 10:48 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Have you tried a reward system? I used one with my son and it worked wonders.
    Every time she pees she gets a sticker or mark on her chart and every time she poops she gets two. Once she gets a certain amount of "points" she can pick a prize. Prizes could be a snack, toy, or her being able to pick a special activity to do.
    Just remember to use the rewards as a positive thing, you can't take away points for accidents because she might get frustrated and not want to try anymore.
    Good luck!!!
    Domzmom2005

Answer by Domzmom2005 at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i had this happen with my oldest so i stuck them in underwear...after they peed on themselves like 2 they stopped real quick and used the pot!!!!!! it sounds cruel but it works!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When I worked in day care we potty trained around two. I saw this happen all of the time and I personally think that pull-ups are a waste of time. Children need to learn what happens when they pee and they cant if they are in a daiper (which is what pull-ups are). We always went from diapers to underwear and though we had to clean up a lot of accidents, we were always able to potty train children faster without pull-ups than with.

They work for some people of course, but if your child was doing great and now all of a sudden isnt going anymore, than I think its time to lose the training paints and get her into some real "big-girl" panties.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 2:43 AM on Apr. 16, 2009