Join the Meeting Place for Moms!
Talk to other moms, share advice, and have fun!

(minimum 6 characters)

I wanted to know who can I contact to report a place that sells food and have cockroaches in there place?

because I bought a corn in the cup there and there was a cockroach leg in it, it was extremely disgusting, and I went back and asked the man to give me my money back and all he did was give me another corn. It gross me out thinking what is theres another one or if it was floating in the whole jar so I just threw it away. Then I found out it had also happened to my friend but in hers there was a moth in her corn covered with cheese! I want these people to get checked I tried looking for the health department number but I dont know if they specialize in that, who can I contact, I live in laredo texas.

Answer Question

Asked by bettyboob83 at 11:03 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Food & Drink

Level 5 (88 Credits)
Answers (11)
  • the health department is the one who controls the inspections and what not that restuarants are supposed to get.

    Answer by vabchmommy at 11:04 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • health inspection.

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • If they don't help, ask them who will, they can point you in the right direction

    Answer by southernstyle88 at 11:05 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Places get bugs its a facet of life. I worked @ a fazolis that had rats. we put out traps.. lol in the morning when we opened id find baby ones in the rolled up ruggs. We love texas... mmmm good. lol

    Answer by Anonymous at 11:12 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

  • Yeah my friend worked at the movies and she said there was baby cockroaches everywhere even in the popcorn! and her friend would throw them into the popper so they can snap and fry! she said she felt bad when her friend threw one at some old person's tub of popcrn.

    Answer by bettyboob83 at 12:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • the health department.

    Answer by pagirl71 at 8:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • Call the county health department. Look in the phone book under the county offices.

    Answer by Marwill at 8:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • Bug don't happen if you keep a clean place or take care of the problem immediately. I worked in a greasy spoon type establishment but we kept it rigidly clean and up to or above code. It always grossed me out when I'd have to go to another place for supplies or extra hours and they had spiders or roaches. It's inexcusable. Call the health department and document what you have seen.

    Answer by Xynyth at 9:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • I work part time in an ice cream shop. We DO NOT have rodents of any kind. Call the health department and report the nasty place! I also worked for 3 years in the bakery at Wal-Mart. We did not have bugs or rodents. There are supposed to be controls in place for that. If they have birds, pests, or rats they are not even attempting to keep the place clean! Gross!

    Answer by 4kidsandadog at 12:11 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

  • look in your local phone book, there should be a number in their for the health department, or call better business bureau.

    Answer by xxhazeldovexx at 5:56 PM on Apr. 16, 2009

Join CafeMom now to contribute your answer and become part of our community. It's free and takes just a minute.