Will an ultrasound at 7 weeks show a heartbeat?

I had a miscarriage in Feb of this year. We found out by going to our first appt at 10 and a half weeks and they couldn't find a heartbeat on the ultrasound even though the baby measured 8 weeks. My doctor doesn't want to give me an ultrasound until 10 weeks, but I want to know if this is a viable pregnancy or not and want to see that my baby has a heartbeat. If I go to a pregnancy or woman's clinic at 7 weeks, will they be able to see a heartbeat on an ultrasound?

HKittyCrzy

Asked by HKittyCrzy at 11:10 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Yes, in MOST cases, but if you dont try again at 8 weeks. By then you definitely should be able too. That is when my Dr stopped checking and suggests D&C. I have had 3 miscarriages and he checked every week from 5 weeks on till he found one, or I hit 8 weeks, then always gave me the option to wait or go ahead and do the surgery. GL, how are your symptoms? Are you tired and queezy? Or feel fine and cant tell? I always felt more confident when I felt like puking during a pregnancy.
    AK_aries

Answer by AK_aries at 11:15 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• A friend of mine was in the same position and 6 weeks into the second pregnancy she thought she felt cramping so her OB sent her for on ultra sound. I went with her and yes there was a heartbeat. She's 23 weeks now and expecting a boy. Nothing can replace the peace of mind of seeing that heartbeat on the monitor.

MAUREEN55

Answer by MAUREEN55 at 11:14 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yes when i was pg with my dd and i was 7weeks and heard the heartbeats
    Anonymous

• I went in at 8 wks and they found a heartbeat,
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:17 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• i went at 8 weeks
    taleasoldastime

Answer by taleasoldastime at 11:21 PM on Apr. 15, 2009