• In the Spotlight:

abdominal pain were ovaries are????

okay so for the past week ive noticed some horrible sharp pains were my ovaries are... most the time its in the morning and on the right side... ive gotten it about 3 times on the right side and once on the left side... any ideas what it could be???

oh p.s im 34 weeks

mommy_in_2009

Asked by mommy_in_2009 at 11:22 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• how far along are you?
    taleasoldastime

Answer by taleasoldastime at 11:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• My first thought with pain like that is cysts, but that is because I have PCOS. But when they burst or grow too large they do cause sharp pains like you describe. Ovulation can cause some cramping, but it's rare to have it happen on both sides. If you're pregnant I'm not sure other than cysts... unless your ligaments are just stretching in that general area?
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:24 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• it could be something serious with a cyst on your overies, I would make an appt asap.
    newmom092009

Answer by newmom092009 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• It sounds like round ligament pains. They are sharp pains in your sides. Talk to your doc about it, but I think it is normal. I know I had a lot of sharp pains towards the end. You should be at the point where you see the doc every week instead of every month. Bring it up at your next visit.
    beckcorc

Answer by beckcorc at 11:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• yeah i would imagine they are round ligament pains or braxton hicks contractions
    taleasoldastime

Answer by taleasoldastime at 11:31 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• oh and just to add..... the pain gets sooo bad i cant even move.... i dont know what it could be since it seems to happen mostly in the morning it seems like........
    mommy_in_2009

Answer by mommy_in_2009 at 11:35 PM on Apr. 15, 2009