Are they right on my due date or could they be wrong?

Is it possible they are wrong? They told me today, without an ultrasound or sonogram, that I am NINETEEN weeks along already and my due date is 9/9/09. They could be wrong right? They just went by my last missed period or whatever. But for the past, almost, three years my periods have been irregular. Ever since I had my son, who will be three next month. They could EASILY be wrong right? I mean, I skipped a period in November, had my last one early December. Skipped one in September, and August. And you ovulate BEFORE you have a period, so its possible they are wrong? I just don't want to think I'm already nineteen weeks and only knew for 4 before getting to an appt. I was already 22 and a half with my first before I even knew, due to, what I though was, a period still happening. PLEASE tell me it's possible they are wrong without seeing it on an ultrasound/sonogram!!!!

mommykayti

Asked by mommykayti at 11:23 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Pregnancy

• Actually you ovulate two weeks BEFORE your period... and then again two weeks AFTER your period. If you ovulated and then didn't get your period, the chance is that you're pregnant. That's how it works. I never believe ultrasound guesstimations because they change so constantly! One month they'll tell you you're 14 weeks and the next they'll say "Whoops! We meant sixteen!" Going by measuring a fetus is the worst way, and all babies develop at different rates, even in the womb. Everything is a roundabout guesstimation with them. It is quite possible they are wrong.
    littlemrsmarcel

Answer by littlemrsmarcel at 11:29 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You ovulate AFTER your period. So no, they are not wrong.
    Anonymous

• They could definitely be wrong. Even with a sonogram it's not always accurate, the later in your pregnancy that you get the first sonogram, the less precise they are with your due date.
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• well anything is possible but normally they are pretty close......
    lilysmommy1408

Answer by lilysmommy1408 at 11:25 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• its always possible that they are wrong. however if you had the same issue with your first than i would think they may be more right
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:26 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• You ovulate after your period, not before.
    Anonymous

• So it's COMPLETELY possible that I'm not really nineteen weeks already? I feel like crap because I knew for 4 weeks before getting to the doctor. I'm a SAHM, and me and my son have been sick on and off, so I couldn't go earlier. And I feel really bad about it...
    mommykayti

Answer by mommykayti at 11:27 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• Although you ovulate after your period, they count back to your period. So you actually concieve about 2 weeks after they say that you do. But they get your due date from your period.
    Anonymous