OK, I don't know what to do I have 2 cats Mother & daughter had them for 7 years &

I have a 17 month old & another on the way these cats are always throwing their food up everywhere, I find hair in my sons mouth (I vacuum alot! ) & would it be terrible of me to put them up for adoption at my local no kill shelter?? It's just so much work for me & kills me when I find throwed up food on my sons toys... I'm really feeling guilty about this so please no bashing here

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:40 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Just for Fun

• You children are more important right now. Take the cats to the no kill shelter.
    Anonymous

• if you can't keep your children out of it and can't handle the cleaning it up before your children can get to it. than you should take them in, i had to do this with a dog when my daughter was about 1 1/2 he kept peeing on her toys and i would find a toy with dry dog pee in the small cracks of the toy and could not do the whole go through all her toys every day or just "deal" with it so i gave him away. i had another friend at the time in the area who didn't mind the pee b/c she didn't have kids so she could deal with working with him every day while i couldn't
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:46 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• If they are causing that much of an issue, and stressing you out that much, then no it would not be bad for you to put them up for adoption. Animals, just like people, can sense stress. If you are constantly stressed, they will be too. Which can be a cause for their vomiting.

Also, try switching foods. They could be vomiting due to the food. I have a cat that has Irritable Bowel Disease. This means he spontaniously throws up, and has even almost died twice. He has to eat Eukanuba Sensitive Stomach. He still throws up once in a while, but it's a lot better than he was. My other two cats eat Science Diet Light Hairball control. if you do decide to switch food, do it slowly or you could cause more vomiting.
    Angel8203

Answer by Angel8203 at 11:47 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• While I understand your frustration, I personally could never do it. I have 3 cats and 4 kids. Two of our cats we've had since before my oldest was born (she's 14 now). I feel like all I do is clean up after the cats and kids. I used to just make sure all the toys were up so that the cats wouldn't barf on them. I've thought about getting rid of them, but even when the kids were younger, they would have been heartbroken. But if it isn't worth all the stress, giving them up isn't really a bad thing. I agree with switching foods or asking the vet about possible feeding issues. I found an organic food that helps my cats and it's been a lot easier on us.

Anonymous

• I believe your children are your priority and the kitty's have to go.
    Try to find a "no-kill" animal shelter in your region, though, so they won't needlessly be put down.
    You can also ask around to see if anyone is willing to give them a good home.
    Best wishes.
    PrydferthMenyw

Answer by PrydferthMenyw at 9:32 AM on Apr. 16, 2009