How do you get your baby to quit fighting sleep.

My Son has gotten really good at fighting his sleep.
I can see and tell he is tired...but he just wont relax and go to sleep.
He has to sleep with his blankey...and passy..he will have both..but still fight it.
I was just curious if anyone else was going through this and if they have any advice to help me help him fall asleep easier.
Thanks

Emers18

Asked by Emers18 at 11:55 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• do you have a routine at bed and nap time? if not maybe try that, that way he knows what is coming and can relax while you are going through the routine...like at nap time you read to him and rock. then at bed time, bottle (if he is on one), bath, book and rocking..that kind of thing so its the same every night. if you do and that doesn't help, how old is he? if hes older than 6 months, i would say just let him whimper or cry it out
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 11:59 PM on Apr. 15, 2009

• OK, I'm one of those crazy people that thinks babies are babies, and they need to be treated as such. They are not 8 year olds that you can reason with. They want and need mommy. When my babies fight sleep, I hold them with their head on my shoulder, stand up, bounce up and down, and firmly pat their back. Usually I sing to them. We call this beating the baby in my house. Another thing that puts them out is to cradle them and sway your shoulders from side to side. To some people, I'm sure, this seems crazy to do every time you want your baby to go to sleep. But, he’s a baby. Remember that your not going to be doing this forever. It’s a sweet time.
    carlye828

Answer by carlye828 at 1:39 PM on Apr. 16, 2009