Sign up bonus

For like military and army and cost gaurd and stuff like that

How does it work

How much are they

Do you really get them

Do you get paid for joining them.. like a weekly check?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 11:57 PM on Apr. 15, 2009 in Money & Work

• not everyone gets an enlistment bonus it depends on what scores on tests are, what you are willing to do job wise, if you take a job that needs to be filled desperately or take a job that the need isn't that great. as for amounts each branch is different and each bonus is different. and when you say do you get paid for joining the military? yes its a job, you get paid monthly. either you split it in half and get two monthly paychecks or one paycheck at begining of the month. your questions about bonuses would have to be answered by a recruiter though. and yes you get them if your paperwork is actually signed and it is promised in your paperwork
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:01 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wow, So is it good pay? My hubby wants to join the coast gaurd. And i wasnt for it at all. But he cant find a job, so i was thinking it might be a good idea.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:05 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• your pay is based on how long you have been in your job, how many dependents you have where you live etc. i don't know about the coast gaurd as my dh is navy. for that kind of information you really need to both go see a recruiter that way you both have all your questions asked
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:10 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• enlistment bonuses usually depend on the type of job he gets, his experience and how badly they want/need him for that particular job. it's not the same for everyone. most times bonuses are split up 1/2 up front and then the rest paid out during the duration of your term. yes you do get them but remember they are taxed. and yes you do get paid, it's a job. as far as it being good pay, you can usually get paid more at a civilian job but you don't have the job security of the military. you can check the military base pay at http://www.dfas.mil/militarypay/militarypaytables.html/. he'll usually get paid more upon being qualified to do stuff.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Like everyone else has said- for the bonus it depends on the job and how bad they need you. When my hubby joined in 1997 he didn't get a bonus, but when he re-enlisted he always got a bonus. Now he's an Apache Maintenance Test Pilot and they offered him a lot of money to re-enlist..so he did (he was going to re-enlist anyway). I think it's good money. Even when he was Enlisted the money was still good.

Aviators_Wife

Answer by Aviators_Wife at 1:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• test and everything it's all common sense questions really. My hubby was gonna get a little over 10thou for a sign on his friend less than that. If you have people sign under you (4 the army anyway) that gets you another 2 thou i do believe. If you wanna know anything more message me i'm on daily :). You get paid biweekly and when you start boot i believe you get a pay advance so you have it there. They also pay you more if you have family. like my dh was gonna get x amt. to pay for me cuz I didn't live on base w/ him. like i said any more questions ask.
    kbishop8688

Answer by kbishop8688 at 9:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Ok my husband is a recruiter and I use to be in the Army as well. When you want to join a branch of the military you are required to tast a test called the ASVAB it is suggested that you study prior to if you have been away from school for a while. when you get your scores they will present you with a list of MOS Titles(JOBS) that you qualify for. Out of those jobs they will tell you which ones have a bonus, those are also the jobs that branch is in need for. It is called a star MOS. But most jobs dont have bonuses right now unless they are in major need for them. the bonuses can range from 3,500 to 20,000 if there is one. and they are paid in a partial lump sum and the rest paid to you after your training is complete.Note... if you get kicked out you have to pay it back. Yes you do get them it is written in a contract. and once you complete your training you will start recieving your bonus.
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 9:05 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• The army is on a bi monthly pay system called DFAS pays out on the 1st and 15th of every month. You can look up all the pay scales on www.defenselink.mil/militarypay/pay/bp/index.html.  The military also gives you a housing allowance to pay for your rent or mortgage if you do not live on the base. it is dependant on if you are married or not. married servicemen get more money in order to cover their costs. www.defensetravel.dod.mil/perdiem/bah.html. you have to look up both of these by your rank. for pay it is also determined by how long you have served.

shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 9:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• Along with your pays on active duty you will also be provided your medicall coverage at no cost to you or your family. There are lots of resources you can use to find out info. or you can message me if you have more questions
    shannonsmomm

Answer by shannonsmomm at 9:16 AM on Apr. 17, 2009