When people say they are ready for the rapture or they would be happy for the rapture to come...

I feel like it is no better than saying they are ready to die.
How is it different? Either way you are saying you want to be in heaven rather than live on earth , right?

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:12 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• I'm a Christian but I have to say I'd be sad. I know life on earth isn't peachy all the time, but I would miss it! I love my life and I'm glad for everything I've been blessed with. I'm not ready for it to all end.
    ReneeK3

Answer by ReneeK3 at 12:17 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• not JUST that we want to die- but we are ready for it to be God's appointed time to bring us home and restore the earth, etc.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:15 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Heck yeah I'd rather be in Heaven! That's my real home! That does not mean I am suicidal or anything. I would never do anything to get myself there quicker because I do love life and my family still needs me. However, if Jesus wants to come back right this second, I'm ready!!!! :o)
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I'm not ready because that means youre going to be seperated from your family forever! and its sad because not all of us will go to heaven! some to heaven some to hell even though its your own blood so its so sad to say we might be seperated from our children and husband forever:( for example if my parents go to hell and i'll go to heaven i wont never see them again:( but if me and my in laws both go to hell i'll have to see them there forver its so horrifying thinking about being with them forever that would be my worst nightmare!!!!!!!!!! I wish heaven and hell wouldnt exist , I wish we were like animals without spirits!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:18 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• the ones that are christians and so are so bored of it already are ancious to go to heaven because lets face it, christians always want us in church wednesdays for 2 and a half hours, and sundays for 3 hours in the morning and plus 3 hours in the afternoon, it does get really boring so if they want it all to end they want to be taken by the rapture quicker than anyone else, but for us that we love life and we love spending time with our family we dont want to die yet or go in a rapture, we want to enjoy this earth more and more as years go by.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:21 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• anon 11:21 whew you made me laugh! :)
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• This world is getting bad and when the rapture comes I know im going to be with my kids and hubby. I dont want my kids to have to go though what is about to take place on this earth... That why i say it.. Plus i want to meet Jesus Christ and some other people from the bible I think it would be cool.. Also I want to see if my dad made it to heaven he died Dec 17th 2008..
    hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:24 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I thought all dogs go to heaven.....
    Anonymous

• Iam not ready for the rapture.. I have kids who arent baptized yet.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• lol, sorry Anon 12:21 but I don't know any Christians like you are describing! My group of friends is a pretty lively, fun group. We just know that whatever joy exists in this life that it will pale in comparison to Heaven. There will be ONLY joy, no sickness, pain, or suffering! Who would not look forward to that? I do agree that it saddens me to think that some of my loved ones would not go with me if the earth ended now! But I know that whenever God chooses for this earth to be over, it will be His perfect timing!
    Mishelly728

Answer by Mishelly728 at 12:26 AM on Apr. 16, 2009