Pregnancy Test Question

It's 3 days before my period is supposed to start. I took a pregnancy test today, and I set it on the edge of my tub so it could process. While looking at it there, in the shadow of my shower curtain, I could see a faint 2nd line. I wasn't imagining it, it was there! However, when I picked it up to show it to my husband, the line was gone! When it's in the shadows, either behind the shower curtain or the door of the bathroom, there's a line there. When it's directly under the light, there's no line.

Has anyone else had this happen? What was the end result? I plan on taking another test on Friday, so don't tell me to do that. I'm doing that already! :) THANK YOU!!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:19 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Trying to Conceive

• Do another test in the morning. The hormones double every day so if you got a suuuuuper faint + today you might get a kinda faint one in the morning. Good luck!

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:25 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yeah, if you look at a pregnancy test a certain way you will see the line.
    BIMOM21

Answer by BIMOM21 at 2:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When you get up in the morning do another test. The first urination of the morning has the most hormones in it so if you ARE pregnant you are most likely to get clear results in the morning.

If you DID see a line though, even a faint one, chances are that you are pregnant. But try again just to be sure.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 3:02 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• you know what i did when i was pregnant my hubby bought me a test that had 2 lines if pregnant, but they all (6 of them) was very light I know a lot of test but I new I was but I couldn't read those dumb tests lol so I had hubby buy me a digital one and then it said pregnant on it so i new i was pregnant.
    mommy5409

Answer by mommy5409 at 10:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• OP HERE: I took another test first thing this AM, and while it's still a TAD bit darker, it's still hard to see in clear light. I at least CAN see it in clear light, but it's very hard.

I'm just so worried that it's an evaportation line, maybe I'll ask another question about that.

Thanks ladies!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 10:44 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Its probobly positive! Call up your doctor and see what he/she thinks.
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 1:43 PM on Apr. 16, 2009