Should these murders released from prison get new identities?

I received a "chain" type of email with this terrible story, so I looked into it for the sad truth.

Back in 1993, a 3 year old boy, Jamie Bulger, was kidnapped from a mall by two 10 year old boys. They walked with him for miles while tormenting him and tortured then beat the toddler to death. It was a planned attack by these 2 young boys. They then left him on railroad tracks to make it look like an accident.

The two boys confessed and were sentenced to jail. They were released in 2001 at the age of 18. The High court of England granted each boy lifelong anonymity along with a ruling that bans publicity about them.

Do you think that this is fair for convicted murderers? Why do they get a new identity after taking a toddlers life? If sexual predators have to register, why don't murderers?

here's more info:
http://www.snopes.com/politics/crime/bulger.asp

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:27 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Politics & Current Events

• No. 10 yrs old is old enought to know you are taking a life. I am sure in jail they have just honed thier "skill". This is really awful for whoever they move near :(
    momof030404

Answer by momof030404 at 12:29 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Wow breaks my heart. If that was my child... Jail would be a blessing for these bastards. Id kill them with my bare hands. They deserve life or death penalty. My 4 year old knows right from wrong..... so sad...
    faithful78

Answer by faithful78 at 12:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• why in the word does a murder even get a chance for parole? Its a deal breake. I can see like manslaughter.. maybe something that wasnt planned like a accident but not killing a person. if you kill a child isnt it capital murder.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• maybe they have to be anonymous to prevent payback and crimes to them.
    if these sickos took my son and did this to him, I'd hunt them down and make them pay!!! it would be better for this world if I didn't know where they were!

but, to answer your ?, i think they should wear a "scarlett letter" on their chest, to show what they did. Took a toddler's life. savages! they should have to face that fact everyday! people should have the right to know this!!!
    thundernlight

Answer by thundernlight at 12:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• OMG they should have been put down.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Remember they were only 10 years old, and they had no real raising from their parents, maybe they really didn't know it was wrong. I do think the government just decided that it would be too expensive to keep them for another 60 or 70 years in prison and gave them new identies to keep the general populace from trying to kill them and got them out of the penal system. what they did was wrong, of course, but do you punish your 10 year old child for the rest of his life? Even God doesn't do that. The biblical age of accountability is around 12 or 13 years old.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 1:48 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• That's crap anon that no parenting means they didn't no right from wrong! I raised myself and endured abuse as a child. I can tell you I KNEW/KNOW RIGHT FROM WRONG! I would never hurt another human being. Those pigs should be exsposed for the animals that they are.
    Where in the bible does it say the age of accountability is 12 or 13? I've never read that. Old or New Testament? I wasn't aware there was a clause after thou shall not kill! BS!
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 2:23 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• anon @ 1:48, it's people like you that cause kids like that. Even my 5 yr old can tell you that killing people is wrong. It's simple common sense. To ask if we punish our 10 yr old for the rest of their lives is just ridiculous. How on earth can you compare the planned torture and murder of an innocent child to a child swiping a pack of gum from the store or lying about his homework? If my 10 yr old killed someone, then yes, I'd want him punished for the rest of his life, yes, it would break my heart, but if he did it, he needs to do the time. But my child wouldn't do something like that, so he doesn't need that kind of punishment.

I do think it is wrong that they get this kind of protection. Any other murderer would have to live under their own name and take their chances, and so should these two.
    tropicalmama

Answer by tropicalmama at 6:33 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• No.
    JackalsWife

Answer by JackalsWife at 7:08 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Well whether they "deserve" it or not they got it. It's already said and done and has been for quite a long time.

My human emotions tell me NO! They don't deserve another chance when this little boy doesn't get to live his life and lost it so brutally.

But under the law, they served their time and they were "rehabilitated" and released. I don't agree with it but that is the law.
    munch12502

Answer by munch12502 at 7:28 AM on Apr. 16, 2009