For people that dont believe in the rapture what do you get out of this"?

1 Thessalonians 4:16-17
For the Lord himself will come down from heaven, with a loud command, with the voice of the archangel and with the trumpet call of God, and the dead in Christ will rise first. After that, we who are still alive and are left will be caught up together with them in the clouds to meet the Lord in the air. And so we will be with the Lord forever.

Also for people that do believe in the rapture you can also comment

hinson7169

Asked by hinson7169 at 12:34 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Religion & Beliefs

• Whoa...we Christians need to pray hard for these people who believe in Fairy Tales...I believe in the Bible...not Fairy Tales.

Anyway...
    Father God,
    I pray for all of the lost souls who come here and post and reply. I pray that they get saved, filled with your Holy Spirit and that they will live for you here on earth until your return Lord. I thank you that you will show them Father that you are real and that your son Jesus died for their sins to save them from death.

I ask that you love them, watch over them and bless them and their families Lord!

In the name of Jesus,
    Amen!

Good night!
    Greeneyes

greeneyes42055

Answer by greeneyes42055 at 1:15 AM on Apr. 17, 2009

• zombies
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:36 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• and the dead in Christ will rise first.

I don't understand that.  Please explain.

Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:37 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• When Jesus comes for the second time, which the Bible tells us He will, He will bring His children with Him to heaven.. first those who are dead and then those who are still living.
    I'd like to know how someone who believes in rapture is able to fit this into their doctorine, because it's opposed to rapture thinking.
    It's saying that when Jesus comes, IT WILL BE WITH A LOUD COMMAND AND TRUMPETS, not wisking away people secretly
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:39 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• the people that are dead in the graves they will be risen first out of the graves then we who are alive and re man will be called up together to meet Jesus in the air does that make sense?

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 12:40 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I just see as another passage from a book that I don't follow. That would be like me believing in everything in the Harry Potter books. I don't believe it, so it doesn't bother me. And I don't need the lord to fly through the air. I do it several times a week in my dreams. And yes, I believe some of my dreams are real occurences.
    -Ashley
    spiritguide_23

Answer by spiritguide_23 at 12:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Yes, thank you for explaining.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• Ummm, I think it is a very creative story written by man to scare people into believing their religion. I find no inspiration in it. I did believe it as a child but I have grown out of it now...God has shown me truth.

hannahwill

Answer by hannahwill at 12:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• ZOMBIES
    Anonymous

• Anon, the Dead in Christ will rise first simply means the people who are in the graves. The Bible is very clear that the dead know nothing, though many people believe that they are in heaven or hell now.
    The dead in Christ are those who are in their graves, sleeping basically, just like Lazareth was. They will be brought back to life just as Lazareth was brought back by Jesus and they will be taken to heaven. Those who lived according to the Word of God and are dead now are the dead in Christ
    MicahsMom612

Answer by MicahsMom612 at 12:42 AM on Apr. 16, 2009