1year old hitting...

I was wondering if anyone had any advice for me.My son hits people, sometimes he is playin, but you can tell when he is not.I dont want to have to spank him(seems to little)What should I do? He hits me in my face and tries to boite.Help!!

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:41 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Babies (0-12 months)

• I would pretend to cry when my son was in this stage. It made him sad to see mommy sad so he slowly stopped hitting after a few fake cries on my behalf. I would also try a time out chair...explain hitting isnt nice it gives people ouchies or booboos. GL
    Bugsmommy1908

Answer by Bugsmommy1908 at 12:46 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i wouldn't spank for hitting either way no matter the age, it just causes confusion as to why its ok for you to "hit" and not him. i would grab my daughters hand when she did this and tell her it hurts and its not how we treat people. if she continued she went to time out. or she was ignored, i would get up and walk away and tell her when she was done being mean mommy would play with her. worked after about 8 or 9 tries ( i tried the fake crying didn't work for mine still doesn't she can tell its fake so she thinks it makes it a game)
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 12:52 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would say probably give him a decent pat on the bottom and say "that didnt feel nice now did it? so dont do it to others" But I would try the crying thing first. It really does work. And only you know if your son is old enough to understand time out
    HunnysFarAway

Answer by HunnysFarAway at 12:53 AM on Apr. 16, 2009