When do you and your husband find time for "talks"?

I do not do well having serious talks or discussing our problems when there are distractions around. So they always have to wait until both kids are asleep for the night. That usually means we are up talking until 3 or 4 am. I don't know what else to do. So knowing that our talks will stretch into the early morning we tend to put problems off until they erupt and have to be dealt with. It is getting frustrating, but with a preschooler and a baby I can't figure out another time of day that we would have some time to ourselves to talk.

Anonymous

Asked by Anonymous at 12:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Relationships

• PLAN DATE NIGHTS! I know people used to tell me this and I'd think, "yeah right!" but if you can find a way to make it happen it is so worth it! It will greatly improve your relationship and that is good for your children.
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We do have date nights and try to make them fun and relaxing. We try to not talk about work, kids, money or other stresses in our life. So planning those nights for our one on one talks about our relationship would just make those dates stressful. Plus I almost always end up crying when we talk about our problems and then my make up would just be ruined on date nights : )
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 12:59 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• we leave our daughter with grandma so she can have some fun nana time and we can go home to talk or drive around and talk. this way if it turns into more of a "discussion" she doesn't hear anything ( shes 3 ) and thats my big issue not so much distractions more i heard my parents arguing all the time and i won't put her through hearing us argue over serious stuff
    vabchmommy

Answer by vabchmommy at 1:14 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• We don't. We would have to wait until the kids are asleep and by that time he would say he had to go to sleep as well.. and probably yell at me and say "I have to work!" So we don't discuss anything. I LONG for a Man that would stay up discussing issues with me until 3 am! That would be amazing to me...
    Anonymous

Answer by Anonymous at 3:35 AM on Apr. 16, 2009