Throwing up..

I just started throwing up bile..im 16 weeks..has anyone else experienced this? is it harmful? should i go get seen?..im worried because this is the first time in my life i've ever thrown up bile..i also started getting this weird rash on my finger around the time i threw up..it itches & hurts..it looks like ringworm except its a white circle instead of red..its just getting worse

Marix3

Asked by Marix3 at 12:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009 in Pregnancy

• You need to call your doctor if you're throwing up bile. That's not good! Is there someone on call 24/7 that you can call for advice? Stomach contents are one thing, but bile is another. I don't know if they white ring is related or not, but it's definitely worth mentioning. Good luck!
    musicpisces

Answer by musicpisces at 1:54 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• i should say its a white ring..not a white circle
    Marix3

Answer by Marix3 at 12:56 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• that is common in pregnancy but i would call your doctor in the morning just to make sure

hinson7169

Answer by hinson7169 at 1:03 AM on Apr. 16, 2009

• I would definetly call about the rash. Its ALWAYS better safe than sorry.

As far as throwing up bile goes, that is usually because you have nothing in your stomach. I threw up every day for the first three months of my pregnancy. I would eat something soft (like applesauce) before even getting out of bed to make sure that I threw up something other than just stomach acid.

When in doubt, though, call your doctor. ALWAYS ask if your arent sure! You gotta take care of that baby and yourself!
    Michele_Lynn

Answer by Michele_Lynn at 2:07 AM on Apr. 16, 2009